Healthcare Applications Engineer at Formlabs
To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring ground-breaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every healthcare provider, designer, engineer, researcher and artist in the world.
Formlabs is growing its Applications team to continue to push the boundaries of accessible desktop 3D printing. Our team engages in experimentation and collaboration to develop processes, tutorials, and white papers to inspire and inform Formlabs customers and the 3D printing community at large.
Be one of the first to work with unreleased resins and help realize their potential by immersing yourself in advanced processes, ranging from industrial mold-making and digital dentistry to contemporary craft. Use your technical know-how and curiosity to develop resources that help our customers engage new audiences and ultimately drive sales. If you’re more interested in the digital workflow than post-print processes, help us evaluate and recommend end to end solutions, incorporating scanning, 3D modeling or parametric design. The applications team pursues projects that are high risk / high reward, so a good sense of priority and personal project management is required. Join us as an Applications Engineer!
- Conduct primary and secondary market research to identify opportunity sizes and business value of new healthcare applications and associated workflows
- Stay up to date with the latest trends and popular topics in the industry, benchmarking competitors, identifying gaps in Formlabs Healthcare offerings, and delivering actionable solutions
- Design and execute experiments to test and refine new applications and workflows
- Collate findings into digestible reports and work cross functionally to prioritize and define marketing or educational content
- Collaborate and support customers already doing amazing things, providing input and friendly guidance to build mutually beneficial relationships that we can convert into content marketing.
- 3D modeling, 3D printing, writing, documentation, part finishing, experimentation, strategy and communication.
- Have an interdisciplinary skill-set and demonstrable experience in projects related to 3D printing and modeling.
- Clear communicator, both written and oral, with diverse audiences
- Are able and eager to share your work - through writing and visuals, 3D models or tutorials.
- Highly curious and creative with a bias for action. Hands-on problem solver.
- Are a perfectionist and have an attention to detail, but are still able to push projects through to completion.
- Have an interest in traditional and novel processes relating to materials, making and fabrication processes and modern tools like 3D scanning, CAD, and other emerging technologies.
- Experience working in or with the dental, medical, or other healthcare industries
- Experience working with all levels of management
- Familiarity with healthcare product related regulatory standards and compliance
- Flexible Vacation
- Generous premium coverage for medical, dental, and vision plans
- Paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited 3D prints
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.