Head of Engineering, Replenishment Applications at Chewy
Chewy is growing at a rapid pace. Our approach of thinking about our customers first and ability to move fast has created a large opportunity to rethink and redesign our supply chain optimization frameworks from ground up. If the opportunity to create a best in class supply chain network, make a large business impact, and deliver large scale savings intrigue you, we will want to talk to you.
Chewy’s Supply Chain Research and Planning team is looking for Head of engineering for Supply Chain Replenishment systems, and lead our efforts in building the next generation of replenishment systems for all of the products and services sold on Chewy.com.
What you'll do:
The successful candidate is one who thrives in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment, has a strong understanding of core software development, algorithmic concepts and is comfortable working in a hybrid technical/science team. The candidate is passionate about solving real business problems using cutting-edge technology. You will develop a team culture that encourages innovation and expect developers and management alike to take high degrees of ownership for the product vision, technical architecture and project delivery. Responsibilities include direct management and recruitment of software engineers and managers, improvements in process and quality of service, strategic planning, project management, and management of resources across teams.
In addition, a candidate will be skilled at anticipating bottlenecks, providing escalation management, balancing business needs with technical constraints, and taking calculated risks to maximize business benefit. They will be able to focus heavily on cross functional communication to ensure key decisions and status surrounding projects are clear to all. Successful candidates should not only be passionate about delivering extensible, on-time solutions, but should also be obsessed with contributing to the development of high-performance teams through rigorous goal-setting, disciplined attention to performance metrics, continuous process improvement and mentorship.
What you'll need:
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience leading a software and/or analytics development team through full development life cycle.
- 10+ years of software development experience.
- A passion for people management and mentorship.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience attracting, hiring, and maintaining top talent
- Experience with leading a ML/ science focused product.
- Track record of developing engineers through various career stages and building high-performance teams
- Experience or passion for supply chain
- Experience in developing highly scalable, fault tolerant systems in a fast pace environment
- Demonstrated ability to balance the high standards and long term solves with the need to move fast
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Chewy, please contact [email protected]