Hardware Test Engineer
We want you to reinvent the 3d printing industry with us. Join Formlabs if you want to bring ground-breaking professional 3D printers to every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
The Hardware Test Engineer will be an important member of the team that validates hardware and high-level design decisions for upcoming products. If you are an experienced engineer interested in developing 3D printers, this is the job for you.
- Your responsibility is to design and develop test setups and build test systems to execute Design Validation Tests.
- You will work with multidisciplinary teams to design test plans that validate the functional requirements or life requirements, run the tests and analyze the results.
- You will debug issues found during test and propose corrective actions.
- Be an unbiased voice to verify performance/capability.
- Experience with instrumentation (sensors, data acquisition) and controls applied to test complex systems.
- Hands-on experience designing, building, and debugging electro-mechanical test set ups.
- Scripting experience with Python (preferred), Labview, Matlab, etc.
- Mechanical or Electrical Engineering degree
- Experience in Life test design and test automation
- Experience in data analysis and reporting.
- Familiarity with low-level embedded firmware (C++ prefer)
- Experience with consumer electronics.
- Flexible Vacation
- Premium coverage for medical, dental, and vision plans
- Paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited 3d prints
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.