Hardware Quality Engineer - Thermal at Formlabs
To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring groundbreaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
Our growing Quality team ensures the Formlabs products are consistent and reliable. We're the team that interprets data from the field and implements improvements to manufacturing process, software, and hardware design.As a Mechanical Engineer on the Quality Team you will design experiments to analyze, root cause, and design fixes to the Fuse 1 printer and ensure a quality product.
If you are a mechanical engineer with a passion for debugging complex thermo-electro-mechanical systems and are looking to collaborate with a team of high-caliber engineers, we want you to join our Quality Team as a Quality Engineer - Thermal.
- Apply an understanding of radiation, conduction, and convection heating to debug our hardware and control systems
- Perform hands-on and data-driven root cause analysis utilizing common problem solving methodologies
- Execute and design electromechanical or thermal tests and FMEAs to root cause issues and verify corrective action fix effectiveness
- Work with Supply Chain team to help suppliers and contract manufacturers to create processes, tests and procedures to improve the customer experience and machine reliability
- Demonstrate a deep practical understanding of fundamental heat transfer principles
- Prototype and run your own tests, from experimental design to practical, hands on implementation
- Can share a strong portfolio of previous work
- Can perform hand calculations around radiative, convective, and conductive heat transfer
- 3+ years industry experience, with specific experience working on thermal systems
Bonus Skills (Optional):
- Software and electronics
- Programming and scientific computing skills (Python)
- Flexible Vacation
- Premium coverage for medical, dental, and vision plans
- Paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited 3D print
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.