Full-Stack Web Developer at 3Play Media
3Play Media is a rapidly growing, profitable start-up making a huge impact on the way people consume online media. We provide premium captioning, transcription, audio description, and translation solutions to over 2,500 higher ed, enterprise, media, and government customers. Our goal is to simplify the workflow through flexible APIs, a secure online account system, and integrations with a multitude of players, platforms, and lecture capture systems. We got our start in 2007 out of MIT Sloan and we are based in Boston, MA.
We’re looking for an experienced web engineer to help us build and maintain our application. You’ll be working on a small team (3-5 engineers), with product and design to build features that are used by our customers, contractors, and internal operations team.
The 3Play engineering department is small, and extremely collaborative. Engineers are empowered to make their own decisions, and propose solutions to the challenges facing our stakeholders. We use a standard 2 week sprint process, and regularly look for ways to improve our process via retrospectives.Role and Responsibilities
- Build and maintain features in our application using Ruby On Rails, React, and Angular (legacy features)
- Work closely with the product and design team to identify optimal solutions to customer needs
- Build and maintain integrations to a wide variety of third-party video hosting services
- 1+ years experience building web applications in a professional environment
- Demonstrable aptitude with Ruby on Rails or another web development framework
- Demonstrable aptitude with React or another modern front end framework
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Eagerness to learn and to share your knowledge
- Good problem solving and debugging ability
- Experience with web accessibility (WCAG, screen readers, and 508 compliance) is a plus.