Full Stack Python Engineer at Agero + Swoop
Ahead of the Curve.
No one knows the road like Agero. We are an industry leader in providing privately labeled state-of-the-art 7x24x365 roadside assistance, accident management, consumer affairs and emergency services powered by the Swoop multi-sided platform and a constellation of microservices and lambdas. Our customers range from Insuretechs and digitally transforming legacy carriers to connected vehicle manufacturers, mobile startups, car sharing and mobility services, fleet and disruptive online as well as legacy brick and mortar car dealers.
Headquartered in Medford, MA operations throughout North America, and technology development in both the Boston and Bay areas, we are trusted by more than 100 leading corporations and used by 75% of the new passenger vehicles sold in the U.S. As a result, we have more information about cars and drivers than any other company in our industry.
Our team is passionate about addressing real-world problems with digital solutions. We’re looking for enthusiastic problem solvers and leaders who are ready to join a fast paced organization and make a big impact at scale in a job that really matters – creating outstanding experiences that deliver exceptional outcomes to millions of stranded motorists and passengers every year.
Designs, develops, and maintains logical designs of mission critical enterprise application systems and services that leverages Restful services and a serverless architecture. Ensures that application and services designs align with our strategic technology direction and mission of helping stranded motorists digitally connect to our platform. Recommends strategies for improving system applications and services with a focus on ease of deployment, security, reliability, stability, availability and performance. These include:
- Independently analyze and resolve production problems, assessing risk and alternatives as appropriate and implementing pragmatic roadmaps that lead to durable solutions
- Evaluating and interpreting requirements to design, develop and implement appropriate capabilities·
- Performing code reviews, identifying potential issues to reduce technical debt and providing coding best practice recommendations
- Taking ownership of tasks and delivering with limited supervision while using own discretion to seek help when necessary
- Inspire and mentor your engineering colleagues – especially junior engineers in your charge
- Continually champion improvement by identifying ways to raise the quality bar of the team, systems, and organization around you.
- Deliver products/systems through their full life cycle, from idea conception, technical planning, implementation, launch, measurement, and maintenance/iteration.
- Contribute to developing a strong culture of quality, availability, and security through attention to detail and by supporting industry leading best practices
- Drive optimal solution design collaborating with product owners, architects, operations, client services, and cross-functional teams to move fast on creating solutions to client and business problems and as well as be able to identify and act on new opportunities
EDUCATION: BS degree in CS, Engineering, Mathematics or equivalent practical experience
- Experience building large, complex systems, particularly web services, RESTful APIs, and continuous integration and delivery.
- 3-5 years software application development and design experience
- Understand fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Prior experience collaborating with Product Managers and Owners.
- Create database schemas that represent and support business processes, experience with one or more of PostGres SQL, Oracle, SQL Server, MongoDB, DynamoDB
- Familiarity with AWS or Azure
- C#/Java Experience
- Experience with microservice and serverless architectures
- Experience with React.js and/or Angular.js
WORKING RELATIONSHIPS: Interacts with management and staff across the organization