Full Stack Developer at MassMutual
Haven Life is an insurtech innovator at MassMutual that offers a new way to get life insurance online that's actually simple.
We combine the culture of a startup with the stability and backing of a Fortune 500 company to create an environment that's truly unique.
Our diverse team is comprised of smart, collaborative people who think big, execute quickly and don't take themselves too seriously.
If you're creative, professional and kind, we'd love to hear from you.
ABOUT THIS ROLE:
You will be joining a small, newly-formed technology team as one of the main developers responsible for our advanced online financial services application. Experience with web development is a plus, although more important to us is real programming experience and thoughtfulness about how and why you do what you do.
Your job will require you to work closely with your fellow technology team members, to coordinate with QA resources, and to communicate with business team members in completion of your work. In collaboration with other developers, you might work on items such as: developing components for algorithmic or manual underwriting module, creating workflow tools for routing insurance applications, defining and applying rule sets for third party data feeds, or building customer facing components for taking new business applications. The job will be varied and challenging.
These are essential to success in this role:
- 3+ years experience as a developer
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Experience with traditional object oriented languages (e.g. Java, Ruby, Python)
- A demonstrable experience in building modern, complex customer-facing web applications
- Exposure to modern MVC (Model-view-controller) frameworks
- Solid grounding in data driven applications and concepts (data/object modeling, database systems)
- Comfortable expressing and defending points of view while respecting those of others
- Authorized to work in the US with or without sponsorship
- Must be able to work full-time from our Manhattan office
These skills are not required but are a plus:
- Testing strategy definition and framework creation
- Experience with event-driven Java programming (e.g Swing, GWT)
- Experience and familiarity with financial services or other mathematically oriented applications.
- Working in a startup or agile development environments
- Experience in multi-platform web-sites (desktop, mobile)
- Experience with PostgreSQL, Oracle, or other Relational DBMS
We have a stellar team of co-workers, a really cool office, and lots of fun activities. Oh yeah, and we pay competitive base salaries and we reward performance. Our salary structure is commensurate with experience. In addition, you will be eligible to participate in our comprehensive benefits program including medical insurance and 401(K).