Front End Web Developer at MassMutual
DESCRIPTIONHaven Life is an insuretech innovator at MassMutual that offers a new way to get life insurance online that's actually simple.
We combine the culture of a startup with the stability and backing of a Fortune 500 company to create an environment that's truly unique.
Our diverse team is comprised of smart, collaborative people who think big, execute quickly and don't take themselves too seriously. We're located in New York's Flatiron District and in case you're wondering, yes, we provide free snacks. Cold brew too.
If you're creative, professional and kind, we'd love to hear from you.
You will be joining a small, experienced technology team as one of the main developers responsible for front-end development on our advanced financial services web application. Your job will require you to work with the product management teams, business analysts, your fellow technology team members, and QA resources. In some cases you will also be working closely with marketing to support customer acquisition efforts requiring technology resources such as blog, landing pages, or campaign needs.
- 2+ years experience developing web-based applications in production environments
- Thorough understanding of CSS/HTML and modern page layout techniques
- Experience working with designers cutting up layouts to implement pixel perfect pages
- Experience with responsive layout and design, preferably with Bootstrap framework
- Familiarity with website optimization techniques
- Strong visual design sense and appreciation for development with a client experience focus
- Clear communication skills (written and oral) and an ability to work effectively with marketing teams
- Willingness to learn and a desire to be a rock star...both in the Front End Web Developer and/or lead singer of Van Halen sense
- Authorized to work in the US with or without sponsorship
WHAT WE PREFER:
- 2-4+ years of experience is preferred
- Single page app experience (e.g. Angular, Ember etc).
- Some experience with an MVC framework like Angular, Backbone, Ember etc.
- Experience with web analytics (Google Analytics, Mixpanel, etc.)
- Experience with social media interfaces and related analytical tools
- Familiarity with SEO and how it affects implementation
We pay competitive base salaries and we reward performance. Our salary structure is commensurate with experience. In addition, you will be eligible to participate in our comprehensive benefits program including medical insurance and 401(K).