Front-End Web Developer at Klaviyo
Greater Boston Area
!Sorry, this job was removed at 2:44 p.m. (EST) on Tuesday, January 28, 2020
Our small but mighty Creative Team is looking for an experienced Front-End Web Developer with a passion for finding unique and creative solutions. Working in collaboration with designers and other development resources, you’ll take an active role in the creative process by participating in brainstorms, wireframing, & UI discussions. You’ll suggest new ways to make our site more engaging through code and figure out how to bring those experiences to life across the Klaviyo website and blog - in ways that also ensure our site is reliable, consistent, and scalable.
You’re an expert in web development and “it hasn’t been done before” just means you haven’t tried to do it yet… because you’re a creative thinker and technical expert who likes to solve tough problems. You’re obsessive about details, but impatient about getting your work into the world. You love being part of the process that brings things to life online - you have a point of view and want to share it. You care about teaching others about what you do and have a passion for user experience, internet marketing, web design; and care about how people use the things you build.
You want to empower coworkers to help themselves, but you will hold your teammates accountable to following good practices (we’re all pretty technical in Creative - designers code too).
How you will make a difference:
- You’ll work on maintaining and improving the architecture of our CMS (we currently use WordPress) to add to, refine, and enhance our custom theme so that it maintains a standard of consistency and quality of experience for users. You’ll ensure the CMS is built in a way that also empowers and supports the Marketing Team to be able to make updates and edits, post, and test.
- You’ll make sure we’re setup for success, understanding the needs of the site and the team and being proactive with technology solutions. You’ll act as one of the team’s connections to the other engineering teams around the company, collaborating with other engineers as necessary and ensuring we’re all thinking about the same things.
- You’ll be part of how we bring to life data and information - through interactive ebooks, guides, data visualization, training, and reports. You’ll work closely with designers to create the best and most creative experience for users to understand data and information.
- You’ll push to improve user interactions and help make the site beautiful to look at and use. You’ll look for and implement improvements that enhance the functionality, performance, and ui of the main site, blog, and landing pages. When collaborating with designers, you’ll suggest ways to improve wireframes and mockups to make user interactions easier, more intuitive, and more delightful.
- You’ll work with the Performance Marketing team on an ongoing basis, developing for website tests and improvements that optimize site performance.
Who You Are:
- At least 3 years of experience developing and maintaining one (or more) website(s)
- Experience developing/maintaining CMS-based templates/pages/architecture
- Experience using SCSS and modular JS systems
- Experience using a build system, such as Grunt/Gulp/Yarn
- Comfortable on day 0 running WordPress locally, logging into a production server, and using GitHub and AWS
Get to know Klaviyo
Klaviyo is the world’s leading owned marketing platform known for accelerating revenue for online businesses using the channels they own like email, web, and mobile. Enabling companies to leverage these owned marketing channels, Klaviyo makes it easy to store, access, analyze and use transactional and behavioral data to power highly-targeted customer and prospect communications. And unlike other marketing platforms, Klaviyo doesn’t force companies to compromise between advanced functionality or ease of use - so companies of all sizes are able to maximize their sales quickly. That’s why over 28,000+ innovative companies like Unilever, Custom Ink and Eventbrite sell more with Klaviyo.
Read Full Job Description