Factory Software Tools Engineer
As a Software Tools Engineer, you will develop the software components that run in our factories around the world and help bring 3D printers to consumers. You will have the opportunity to work on all aspects of factory software development, and take our products from design to mass manufacturing. As one of the final engineers to work on a product before it ships to customers, you’ll have the responsibility to ensure high quality and reliable production.
If you are passionate about software and want to develop services that will be used to build thousands of printers and related products worldwide then we want you on the Formlabs Team as a Software Tools Engineer.
- Develop and maintain manufacturing, engineering and support test tools for our product lines
- Work with engineering and manufacturing to define and create manufacturing and calibration tests for electrical hardware and software
- Develop test tools and frameworks for testing 3D printers and other embedded systems.
- Create tools to foster understanding from the large amount of data we collect
- Own our tools ecosystem; be responsible for the infrastructure that our tools run on: design, validation, documentation and release
- Continuously improve our development and deployment process to streamline releases into our factories around the world
- Work closely in a small team where personal interactions are critical to timely decisions and knowledge sharing
- Contribute expertise to guide the design of future produces and features
- Use data science to gain insight into our production lines and feed those insights back into your software development
- Learn and grow into new technical areas, develop and build as the company, the products, and your role expands.
- Have extensive Python coding experience
- Are very comfortable using the command line and ssh to develop on Linux systems
- Have a passion for consistently releasing high quality software
- Have a broad set of technical skills, from circuits to full stack, that you can bring to bear simultaneously.
- Have a solid understanding of embedded, electrical, and mechanical engineering
- Get excited about automating labor out of systems
- Familiar with Yocto or other build systems like Buildroot
- Experience working with manufacturing teams on complex products
- Experience developing automated testing in an embedded context
- Experience with C or C++ on microcontrollers.
- Flexible Vacation
- Generous premium coverage for medical, dental, and vision plans
- Fully stocked kitchens and catered lunches 3x each week
- Paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited 3D prints
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.