To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring groundbreaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
The electrical engineering team at Formlabs is responsible for designing circuits, sensors, and electromechanical systems, as well as developing embedded firmware for real-time control of hardware. If you are an electrical engineer with a strong grasp on embedded software development, or a software engineer with a good understanding of electronics fundamentals, you could be a good fit for this role.
We look for people who are passionate about learning and taking on new challenges, care about the bigger picture impact of their work, and are interested in building strong collaborative relationships with teammates and between teams.
- Design and develop embedded systems and embedded firmware, including research/specification, prototyping, validation, and production release
- Work across teams and disciplines to develop detailed engineering requirements starting from high-level product goals
- Solve problems across technical domains and across the product development lifecycle, from early-stage research to field failures of products in mass production.
- Grow into taking responsibility for larger and more complex systems over time
- Have experience developing bare-metal firmware on ARM Cortex or equivalent microcontrollers in C
- Have experience with developing for embedded Linux systems (Yocto or equivalent) in areas such as kernel device drivers, networking, and/or low-level hardware interfacing
- Have a solid understanding of electronics fundamentals and hardware debugging
- Can share examples of engineering projects (work or personal) that you have been responsible for from start to finish and have shipped in quantity greater than one
- Experience with feedback control systems
- Experience with PCB design and electronics prototyping
- Experience with analog or power electronics
- Flexible vacation
- Premium healthcare coverage
- Paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited 3D prints
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.