Electro-Mechanical Systems Architect
To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring groundbreaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
A 3D printer is a complex interconnected electro-mechanical device comprised of dozens of subsystems. We’re looking for an electro-mechanical system architect to make key decisions to help develop the most advanced and groundbreaking professional 3D printers. Our goal is ensuring our 3D printers are cost efficient, precise, and accessible, and we need you to design and develop complex electro-mechanical systems.
Using experience and a deep understanding of machine design, you will guide a wider mechanical engineering team to research, develop, test, and design systems for mass production. Previous projects for this role have included: linear motion stages, optical systems for aiming lasers, cartridge and resin dispense systems, precisely locating replaceable consumable components and many more.
If you’re looking for an opportunity that will stretch your abilities to develop innovative electro-mechanical solutions, we want you as an Electro-Mechanical Systems Architect.
- Research, design, develop and produce numerous electro-mechanical systems
- Guide a mechanical engineering team in making sound design decisions
- Get into the nitty gritty details of problems to develop cost-efficient, clever solutions
- 5+ years experience designing electro-mechanical systems
- Have shipped multiple products where you have been a key engineer
- A deep understanding of mechanical motions, materials and manufacturing processes
- Experience working with a wide variety of engineering materials
- Experience in designing for manufacture and assembly
- Able to fluently work with electrical engineers, software developers and material scientists to build a tightly integrated system
- Flexible vacation
- Premium coverage for medical, dental, and vision plans
- Paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited 3D prints
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.