If you’re looking for an opportunity that will stretch your abilities to develop innovative electro-mechanical solutions and offer a fast paced yet inspiring environment, join Formlabs. We’re working to reinvent additive manufacturing and enable designers, engineers, researchers, health practitioners and artists all around the world.
A 3D printer is a complex interconnected electro-mechanical device comprised of dozens of subsystems. We’re looking for an electro-mechanical engineer to help develop the most advanced and ground breaking professional 3D printers. Our goal is 3D printers that are cost efficient, precise, and accessible. We need you to design and develop complex electro-mechanical systems.
Using a deep understanding of machine design, you will be part of a mechanical engineering team to research, develop, test, and design systems for mass production. Previous projects for this role have included: linear motion stages, optical systems for aiming lasers, cartridge and resin dispense systems, precisely locating replaceable consumable components and many more.
- Research, develop and produce numerous electro-mechanical systems
- Get into the nitty gritty details of problems to develop cost-efficient, clever solutions
- Integrate mechanical, software and electrical systems to work together reliably
- Ensure designs fulfill objectives, and refine designs for manufacturability
- 3+ years experience designing electro-mechanical systems
- An understanding of mechanical motions, materials and manufacturing processes
- Experience working with a wide variety of engineering materials
- Experience in designing for manufacture and assembly
- Able to fluently work with electrical engineers, software developers and material scientists to build a tightly integrated system
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.