Electrical Engineering Technician
To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring ground-breaking professional 3D printers to every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
As we continue to develop new technology that pushes the envelope of what is possible with 3D printers, we’re looking for a hands-on engineering technician to help us build the impossible. You’ll work with the electrical engineering team to invent, develop, and advance 3d printing technology.
Are you thorough, focused and skilled at meticulously building electrical assemblies? Are you a maker and love DIY projects? We want you to join our team as an Electrical Engineering Technician.
- You'll work with the Electrical Engineers to build, prototype, and test the latest in 3D printing technology.
- Build and repair circuit boards including fine pitch and SMD soldering.
- Assemble wiring harnesses and electromechanical devices.
- Help debug electrical issues on prototype hardware and instrumentation, fix them, or propose a solution.
- Take part in organizing the workspace and work environment.
- Meticulously log data and outcomes
- Able to work autonomously after being given a set of tasks and deadlines
- Motivated to maintain exceptional standards and quality of work
- Have experience with modern fine-pitch surface-mount PCB assembly and rework techniques
- Experience with wiring of mechanical devices
- Strong familiarity with electrical engineering principles
- Familiarity with Altium Designer or other PCB design software
- Pictures of your work or links to portfolio get higher priority so please include!
- Previous work on a consumer product.
- Flexible Vacation
- Generous premium coverage for medical, dental, and vision plans
- Paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited 3D prints
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.