Soofa is the neighborhood news feed that connects a community with screens everyone can see and anyone can use.
We are seeking a meticulous Electrical Engineer to join our Operations team and build, test, and deploy Soofa Signs across Greater Boston and Atlanta.
Soofa is for people with a shared stake in a special place. Join the movement!
- Assemble the “brains and hearts” of our Soofa Signs, including solar-powered Electronic Paper displays and pedestrian sensors.
- Perform crucial field tests involving cell connectivity and solar loading.
- Troubleshoot devices in the lab and in the field using electrical and data analysis skills.
- Document tests and failures.
- Create work instructions for manufacturing.
- Spec components for sourcing and manufacturing.
- Communicate with contractors and manufacturers to inquire about technical specs and help overcome technical issues.
- Assist in implementing, maintaining, and improving electrical instruments, equipment, facilities, components, products, and systems.
- Assist with driving processes for mass production and development to continuously improve platform, sensors, algorithms, data/applications.
- Manage R&D and maintenance inventory.
- 3+ years experience in an electrical engineering role
- Experience implementing, maintaining, and improving electrical systems
- Experience in using multimeters, logic analyzers, and current meters
- A circuit theory/circuit analysis enthusiast
- Experience hand-soldering low-pitch SMD components, including QFN
Bonus Points For
- Experience in designing PCB layouts using Eagle or similar software
- Experience testing electronic boards using lab tools such as oscilloscope
- Familiar with command-line operations on a Linux computer
- Any firmware or software experience is a plus
We are looking for a very organized, reliable, and analytical human to join the Soofa Operations Team.
- A meticulous worker; nothing delights you more than a pristine spreadsheet
- Strong analytical and documentation skills
- Curious and ambitious, excited to learn the ins and outs of Soofa’s product
- Love of working cross-departmentally with many stakeholders
- Exceptional planning abilities and attention to detail and process
- Warm, empathetic, people-first approach to everything you do
- Phenomenal communication skills
Perks of Working with Soofa
- Generous healthcare, dental, and parental leave packages
- Short- and long-term disability and life insurance
- Unlimited PTO
- Dog-friendly office
- Team lunches every Friday
- Team activities like ski trips, camping, Whiskey Wednesdays, and more
- Company culture focused on talent development and caring personally
Soofa is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, genetic information, arrest record, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Soofa is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities, and general treatment during employment.