Director of Systems Engineering
Meet CarGurus—the #1 visited online car shopping website in the US. At CarGurus, we’re building the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace where it’s easy to find great deals from top-rated dealers.
Founded in 2006 by Langley Steinert (co-founder of TripAdvisor), CarGurus is a technology company with a passion for data and its power to simplify every aspect of the car shopping experience. Using proprietary technology, search algorithms and innovative data analytics, we provide unbiased validation on pricing, dealer reputation and vehicle history.
Are you the hands on technical leader we need to grow a team of engineers to support a global infrastructure for a $5B company? CarGurus is hiring a Director of Systems Engineering. This team is responsible for anything with an IP address – that doesn’t have a keyboard!
What You'll Do:
- Provide the day to day leadership of the team
- Facilitate design and support discussions with your team and other engineering teams
- Build and scale the global infrastructure
- Bring a modern technical skillset to the table
- Ability to keep project momentum and navigate the issues that occur at any time.
- Be the coach to guide the hiring and professional development of your team
Who You Are:
A respected experienced leader with the technical chops to build/lead a team of engineers who are smarter than you! You have the constant desire to build the latest technical solutions to deliver the competitive advantage we need to keep up with the companies explosive growth.
- Minimum 5 years technical experience with all things infrastructure
- 2-3 years’ experience in a similar Director role
- Demonstrable experience in all things agile/devops/cloud
- History of building high performance teams
- Experience delivering in a compliance environment (SOX, SOC, PCI)
- Extremely organized
Technology We Use:
Linux / chef / AWS / IBM cloud / Dell / Juniper / F5 / tomcat / kafka / ES / MySQL / KVM / github / Fastly / BGP / mongoDB
At the core of our company culture is a spirit of innovation, curiosity and collaboration. True to our start-up roots, we’re nimble, flexible and hardworking. We have a great respect for testing and learning and a healthy aversion to scheduling meetings to discuss meetings. Lunch is catered daily. Gym membership is free. Foosball and ping pong are played often. Now a publicly-traded company, we’re as committed as ever to cultivating the culture that got us here.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, the UK and Germany with other markets on the horizon. Our offices are located in Cambridge, MA, Detroit, MI and Dublin, Ireland. If you’d like to learn more, please visit our careers page.