Established in 2005, LogicManager is a rapidly growing pre-IPO software company and leading provider of Enterprise Risk Management solutions located in Boston’s Seaport Innovation District. This is an opportunity for an accounting professional seeking to join a dynamic company that’s certified as a Great Place to Work® and recognized by Forrester as a Leader in our industry and by Gartner with the highest rank in Ability to Execute.
About the Position
LogicManager is seeking a hands-on DevOps Manager who will lead the way for our DevOps environment. The ideal engineer will bring their experiences, best practices, and a collaborative attitude to help drive DevOps initiatives. To be successful, one must effectively communicate with our development and operations team to orchestrate the creation of solutions that can scale. The responsibilities include building a process for automation as well as contributing to the development of internal tools to achieve operational efficiency.
- Lead a team through DevOps infrastructure projects to ensure proper scope definition, prioritization, planning, and assigning work activities
- Coach, mentor, and proactively support existent team members
- Design and implement secure automation solutions for development, testing, and production environments
- Build and deploy automation, monitoring, and analysis solutions
- Manage our continuous integration and delivery pipeline to maximize efficiency
- Implement industry best practices for system hardening and configuration management
- Secure, scale, and manage Linux and Windows virtual environments
- Develop and maintain solutions for operational administration, system/data backup, disaster recovery, and security/performance monitoring
- Continuously evaluate existing systems with industry standards, and make recommendations for improvement
Desired Skills & Experiences
We are looking for individuals with the drive to succeed in a dynamic, high-growth business environment. We value employees who are creative, energetic, proactive, and intelligent in their thinking and actions.
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- Expert understanding of system administration in both Linux and Windows environments
- Strong knowledge of configuration management tools
- Familiarity with continuous integration tools such as Jenkins, Travis CI, Circle CI
- Strong communication and documentation skills
- Aptitude to be a good coach, mentor, and developer of talent
- An ability to drive to goals and milestones while valuing and maintaining a strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability in people management, change management, and project management
- Excellent judgment, analytical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Full understanding of software development lifecycle best practices
- Self-motivated individual that possesses excellent time management and organizational skills
Having one or more of the following is a plus:
- Experience with delivery of a SaaS product
- Strong understanding of micro-services and related architectures
- Knowledge of containerization technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes
LogicManager heavily favors promoting from within. Candidates will have opportunities for advancement to higher levels of responsibility, well ahead of industry standards.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other protected status as defined by federal, state or local law.