What You’ll Do
You’ll help run the fast-growing engineering operations environment at PlacePass in close collaboration with the senior engineering team. You’ll enable development, deployment, monitoring, and management for amazing travel products. You’ll give our engineers the tools and platforms they need to quickly build and iterate. You’ll have the opportunity to learn from and work with people across the organization.
Your primary responsibilities will include:
● Use cutting-edge technologies to design and deploy new applications and infrastructures
● Monitor and improve existing support frameworks, including logs, alerts, load balancing, and auto/manual resolutions
● Manage our access control and virtual private cloud environments
● Improve automation tools for all stages of the operational pipeline, including build systems, deployment, and new environment/infrastructure orchestration
● Oversee our continuous delivery and integration pipeline to maximize productivity
● Identify and proactively solve problems to ensure a seamless experience for our customers
● Gauge and rightsize infrastructure resources to manage spend appropriately
We're looking for people who are:
● Excited to build and support sustainable, scalable infrastructures and applications
● A problem-solver who loves working across teams
● Self-motivated and eager to be a force multiplier for your colleagues
● Hungry to learn more about the fast-moving travel technology space
● Up to 3 years of experience with r elease engineering, configuration management, application deployments, environment maintenance and internal tool development
● Previously worked with AWS Cloud, AWS SDK, Elastic Bean Stalk, CloudFormation, ClouldWatch, FileBeat, S3, EC2, Elastic Load Balancer, VPC, Elastic IP, Route53, ELK (Elastic Search, Log Stash, Kibana) configuration
● Basic knowledge of both Windows and Linux Operating Systems
● Previously worked with Git repository
● Basic knowledge of python or other scripting language
● Familiarity with Continuous Delivery tools(E.g., AWS Code Deploy, Chef, Puppet, Ansible)
● Experience with Continuous Integration tools (E.g. TeamCity, Jenkins/Hudson,CruiseControl, Bamboo, AWS CodePipeline)
● Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills
Who We Are
PlacePass is a team of entrepreneurs, travelers, and tech geeks. Our mission is helping people find and book great things to do in any destination. We’re building technology to transform the way people travel.
We got our start in February 2016 (there’s nothing like a cold Boston winter to inspire serious wanderlust) and we’ve been growing ever since. In addition to building PlacePass.com, we’re working with Marriott to power a tour and activity booking solution for their guests .
We’re a small but mighty group of travel and tech enthusiasts who can’t believe we get paid to help people discover great experiences. We play foosball. We travel. We’ve been known to throw paint balloons at each other. We code like crazy. Sound like something you could get behind? Let’s chat.
● Opportunity to work with an incredible team in a fast-growth environment
● Travel credit
● Competitive salaries and health insurance
● Catered weekly lunches
● Unlimited vacation policy
● Friday happy hours