Soofa is the neighborhood news feed that connects a community with screens everyone can see and anyone can use. We're a woman-founded MIT startup with a mission to make cities smart, social, and sustainable.
Join the Product team at Soofa, where we have designed an incredibly powerful platform from the ground up for making cities more equitable, social, and accessible. You will tackle hard problems here—for our customers, our company, and our partners—and you will get to see the light in their eyes when you do it. We are a tightly knit strike team who is passionate about 'moving the needle' with innovative technology, making data-driven decisions, and pushing the boundaries of our expertise. We get to wrestle with cutting-edge technology spanning multiple disciplines all day long— the Internet of Things, electronic paper, solar power generation and storage, proprietary sensing methodologies, AND MORE!
Remote applicants (U.S.-based only) welcome.
Soofa is for people with a shared stake in a special place. Join us!
You will be the most popular engineer in town, since you will be responsible for a huge boost in productivity and quality of life for our feature-focused engineers. You will be our first full-time DevOps hire and will have major input into how our systems operate and how our products get built. You will build the processes that keep the ship afloat. For certain people, this role might be a way to gain experience toward other areas of engineering while making major contributions at a critical time.
- Make sure Soofa’s code is impeccable by owning code review
- Mange dev environments through testing, staging, and production stages
- Handle a diverse range of coding tasks and tickets to keep the ship sailing
- Roll out deployments
- Own functional testing and create dev testing systems
- Create BDD's and corresponding Unit tests
- Maintain and update system documentation
- Engage in pair development programming
- Front End: You've worked on a JS SPA application (Ember, Angular, or React), you've contributed in an impactful way to an open-source project, and you understand how to test all of this
- Back End: You have built out a production-level API before, you are well-versed in API best practices and web standards, and you are passionate about a well-designed API with good documentation—it feels good
- You have developed CI systems before, and are a scripting leader
- You understand web infrastructure
Perks of Working with Soofa
- Best of both worlds: Soofa’s Cambridge HQ is open, safe, and compliant for anyone who wants to use it; or, work from home
- Generous healthcare, dental, and parental leave packages
- Free short- and long-term disability and life insurance
- Unlimited PTO
- Dog-friendly office
- Virtual team events
- Company culture focused on talent development and caring personally
Soofa is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, genetic information, arrest record, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Soofa is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities, and general treatment during employment.