Data Scientist at Klaviyo
How you will make a difference:
- Analyze large data sets (we’re collecting billions of individual actions every month).
- Build models and ship products that enable businesses to grow faster and communicate with their customers.
- Democratize and open up that technology to everyone (Our background as a team is building these models for the Fortune 50).
- Match the right assumptions and models to the right problem.
- Measure and know what impact your models had on the decisions people made -- e.g. did they outperform the previous best model or a human decision maker?
Who you are:
- Posses a strong fundamental understanding and deep experience with at least some machine learning algorithms (e.g. regressions, decision trees, k-means clustering, neural networks).
- Understand Bayesian modeling techniques.
- Are capable of analyzing data and making rigorous statements about what can or cannot be concluded.
- Have experience designing and implementing model performance/validation assessments.
- Have a background in statistics and understand different distributions and the conditions under which they’re valid.
- Know how code and have used data science tools and packages.
- Have demonstrated a measurable impact based on the models you’ve created. It’s not always easy getting a model correct and we love talking about places we got stuck and working as a team to think through ideas that could unblock us.
- Have a desire to ship features powered by data science (in other words, you’re excited by both upfront research and actually getting models into production at cloud scale).
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree in statistics, applied mathematics, computer science or other relevant quantitative discipline, or equivalent industry experience.
- Have worked in a data science role for 2+ years professionally or academically and can talk about your projects and the techniques you used.