Azure DevOps and Terraform Architect at Perficient
At Perficient you’ll deliver mission-critical technology and business solutions to Fortune 500 companies and some of the most recognized brands on the planet. And you’ll do it with cutting-edge technologies, thanks to our close partnerships with the world’s biggest vendors. Our network of offices across North America, as well as locations in India and China, will give you the opportunity to spread your wings, too.
We’re proud to be publicly recognized as a “Top Workplace” year after year. This is due, in no small part, to our entrepreneurial attitude and collaborative spirit that sets us apart and keeps our colleagues impassioned, driven, and fulfilled.
Perficient currently has a career opportunity for an Azure DevOps and Terraform Architect in all regions. This is primarily a remote position though being close to our California, Chicago, Houson, Lafayette, and Atlanta offices is a plus.
As an Azure DevOps and Terraform Architect, you will participate and lead cloud-focused software engineering efforts requiring CI/CD, Infrastrucutre as Code, and automation efforts via Azure DevOps and Terraform for our clients. You will be expected to have a thorough understanding of various technologies and will be very hands on with the solutions being delivered. You are also expected to be experienced in creating proposals and presentations in order to facilitate client conversations and strategy discussions.
You will provide best-fit architectural solutions for one or more projects; you will assist in defining scope and sizing of work; and anchor Proof of Concept developments. You will provide solution architecture for the business problem, platform integration with third party services, designing and developing complex features for clients' business needs. You will collaborate with some of the best talent in the industry to create and implement innovative high quality solutions, participate in Sales and various pursuits focused on our clients' business needs.
You will also contribute in a variety of roles in thought leadership, mentorship, systems analysis, architecture, design, configuration, testing, debugging, and documentation. You will challenge your leading edge solutions, consultative and business skills through the diversity of work in multiple industry domains. This role is considered part of the Business Unit Senior Leadership team and may mentor junior architects and other delivery team members.
- Work with Product Owner/Business Analysts to understand functional requirements and interact with other cross-functional teams to architect, design, develop, test, and release features.
- Implement and maintain an enterprise-grade security posture for all production and non-production systems inclusive of secrets management, secure coding practices, credential management, and cloud-based network and access management patterns and practices
- Maintain and deploy critical infrastructure components through Infrastructure as Code (IaC) tooling across multiple environments
- Leverage Terraform Sentinel for the management and enforcement of development policies and best practices
- Implement, test and integrat Terraform modules for the implementation, standardization and enforcement of enterprise infrastructure requirements
- Implement and troubleshoot automated CI/CD pipelines in Azure DevOps
- Integrate with Azure Key Vault for secure management of passwords and secrets
- Integrate Azure native monitoring and alerting capabilities in a cloud-based delivery model to facilitate proactive identification of platform failures and bottlenecks with automated scaling, failover and recovery scenarios
- Support multiple Agile Scrum teams with creation of technical solutions for the new product capabilities, through to continuous delivery to production.
- Liaise with offshore team and clients for resolving technical dependencies, issues, and risks.
- Provide input to architectural guidance amongst multiple teams building innovative applications.
- Drive common vision, practices and capabilities across teams.
- Engage with business stakeholders to understand required capabilities, integrating business knowledge with technical solutions
- Engage with Technical Architects and technical staff to determine the most appropriate technical strategy and designs to meet business needs
- Demonstrate broad solutions technical leadership, impacting significant technical direction, exerting influence outside of the immediate team and driving change
- At least 3 project implementations that exploit the full capabilities (discover, design, implement and optimize) of .Net, Azure DevOps, and Terraform – is a MUST.
- At least 3 years of experience in developing and implementing .Net solutions leveraging services via Azure PaaS – is a MUST.
- At least 5 years of experience in a professional services company, consulting firm, or agency
- Have a solid understanding of delivery methodology and lead teams in the implementation of the solution according to the design/architecture.
- Experience with branching and merging strategies within Git (GitFlow & GitOps)
- Working knowledge of Azure DevOps for code management and implementation of CI/CD pipelines
- Hands-on experience with Terraform and Terraform Enterprise for the development and deployment of Infrastructure-as-Code (IaC) templates and modules within a cloud-based deployment model
- Detailed working knowledge of Microsoft’s Azure platform for the delivery of highly available, mission-critical solutions
- Experience in delivering and architecting Infrastructure as Code solutions as an enabler for the delivery of highly resilient and scalable enterprise-grade platforms for an agile, product-centric delivery team
- Experience in delivering solutions leveraging the Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) components on the Microsoft Azure platform including Virtual Machines, Virtual Networks, Firewalls, and Security services
- Experience in delivering solutions leveraging the Platform as a Services (PaaS) components on the Microsoft Azure platform including App Services, API management, Azure SQL, and Kubernetes
- Ability to provide technical guidance, standards and solutions that align with enterprise roadmaps and broader architectural recommendations
- Demonstrated success in performing work and managing complex and/or large consulting projects.
- Proficient in authoring, editing and presenting technical documents.
- Ability to elicit requirements and communicate clearly with non-technical individuals, development teams, and other ancillary project members.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical staff.
- Experience working with a globally distributed team and managing off-shore teams.
- Desire to mentor younger team members and develop their skills.
- Experience working on multiple concurrent projects.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Be independent and self-driven.
- Must be open to travel (when needed)
- Must be open to working from the clients office.
- Ability to write relevant components of a proposal document (e.g. participate in RFIs and RFPs including answering specific technology related questions and coming up with initial high-level technical design and architecture including any necessary Visio diagrams and PowerPoint slides)
- Ability to translate verbal requirements from face to face client meetings into requirements documents, statements of work, and proposals
Preferred Skills and Education:
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related field
- Certifications in Azure, software development, and SCRUM - are a PLUS
Perficient full-time employees receive complete and competitive benefits. We offer a collaborative work environment, competitive compensation, generous work/life opportunities and an outstanding benefits package that includes paid time off plus holidays. In addition, all colleagues are eligible for a number of rewards and recognition programs including billable bonus opportunities. Encouraging a healthy work/life balance and providing our colleagues great benefits are just part of what makes Perficient a great place to work.
More About Perficient
Perficient is the leading digital transformation consulting firm serving Global 2000 and enterprise customers throughout North America. With unparalleled information technology, management consulting and creative capabilities, Perficient and its Perficient Digital agency deliver vision, execution and value with outstanding digital experience, business optimization and industry solutions.
Our work enables clients to improve productivity and competitiveness; grow and strengthen relationships with customers, suppliers and partners; and reduce costs. Perficient's professionals serve clients from a network of offices across North America and offshore locations in India and China. Traded on the Nasdaq Global Select Market, Perficient is a member of the Russell 2000 index and the S&P SmallCap 600 index.
Perficient is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national, origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Disclaimer: The above statements are not intended to be a complete statement of job content, rather to act as a guide to the essential functions performed by the employee assigned to this classification. Management retains the discretion to add or change the duties of the position at any time.