Do you want to be part of a team that encourages your growth, supports your ambitions and makes it a priority for you to reach your goals? Is helping people part of who you are? At MassMutual, we help millions of people find financial freedom, offer financial protection and plan for the future. We do this by building trust with our customers by being knowledgeable problem solvers and prioritize their needs above all else. We Live Mutual.
If this sounds like a fit, we’re looking to hire a AWS Cloud DevOps Engineer to join our ETX Inforce Services team.
Why we need you.
We’re growing and our clients deserve the best. As a AWS Cloud DevOps Engineer you’ll have an opportunity to be part
of a dynamic work group and be responsible for the execution of MassMutual’s Sanderling Policy Migration Program. In this role, as well as all roles within MassMutual, you will demonstrate accountability, agility, a dedication to be inclusive, a strong business acumen, and will show courage, even in the most difficult situations. We also highly value strong communication skills, a passion for learning, leadership traits, resilience and self-awareness.
What success looks like.
- Managing the execution of MassMutual’s Sanderling Policy Migration Program
- Expressing resilience and courage to persist through inevitable challenges
- Displaying agility by showing willingness to be adaptive to changing priorities while maintaining delivery efficiency
What your days and weeks will include.
The ideal candidate in the role of AWS Cloud DevOps engineer would be hands on coder, who would be able to work independently or work in a team of other application Architects/Engineers/various other project stake-holders. The Engineer would work with the Enterprise AWS COE focusing on the day-to-day tasks of managing and maintaining AWS environments and will be hands-on involved with designing, deploying, documenting, and supporting AWS Infrastructure.
- Experience in Designing/Implementing Infrastructure as Code using Terraform/or equivalent.
- Strong understanding of OKTA, IAM in AWS and Security implementations
- Experienced in CI/CD tools such as Jenkins/Pipelines/groovy scripting
- Experienced in Java, Python / Go, Scripting and UNIX.
- Experienced through CI/CD pipeline (github/gitlab, Jenkins, Terraform, Cloudformation, Artifactory/Nexus, etc.,)
- Experienced hands on Docker/Kubernetes
- Develop and configure tools for more productive Operations (build, deployment, performance, monitoring, and stability tools)
- Manage and maintain multiple environments through automation, reusable code and libraries, ensuring monitoring and high availability of these environments
- Experienced in AWS Security modules
- Solve live performance and stability issues and prevent their recurrence
- Deploying, automating, maintaining and managing AWS cloud-based systems, to ensure the high availability, performance/tuning, scalability and security of systems.
- Exposure to Performance testing /tuning, monitoring, and troubleshooting tools
- Work with various teams including developers, QA, technical support, project managers, database administrators
- Assist in implementation of security best practices and initiatives at all levels of the Infrastructure.
The skills that make you a great fit:
Expertise/Proficiency needed in:
- Orchestration technologies: Terraform or Ansible, or Cloudformation or Kubernetes
- Configuration and orchestration technologies: Terraform or Ansible or Cloudformation or Kubernetes
- Others: Docker or Git or Artifactory or Kubernetes or splunk or Kafka or Data Power or New Relic/Dynatrace
- AWS - S3, EC2, EMR, RDS, Kafka, Docker, Kubernetes, EKS, Terraform, OKTA (Roles/App Register), IAM, Any DB
- BS/BA required
- Minimum 5 years of experience managing strategic projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Comfortable making decisions with limited data
- Entrepreneurial minded and driven self-starter with extensive experience in an agile/adaptable environment and demonstrated success.
- Authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship now or in the future
- 8 years of experience managing strategic projects preferred
- Relevant experience in working for (or with) a consumer start-up preferred