We are seeking talented individuals with a variety of skills outlined below at various career levels to join our Intelligent Systems Group. You will contribute to the full-life cycle of vehicle development to deliver practical technical solutions including planning, estimation, and control of cutting-edge autonomous aircraft and multi-vehicle systems.
- B.S. or M.S. in aerospace, mechanical, or electrical/computer science engineering with an aerospace controls and/or autonomy emphasis. A Ph.D. is preferred.
- Demonstrated relevant industry experience.
- Requires excellent English written and oral communications skills.
- Requires strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated success working in and contributing to a highly collaborative environment.
- Focused expertise and ability to apply one or both of:
- Classical and advanced state estimation and flight control concepts and methods and/or
- Trajectory, route, and mission planning algorithms.
- Ability to set up, utilize, and maintain simulation and hardware-in-the-loop environments to develop, validate, and implement algorithms and software for real-time flight systems.
- Knowledge of state of the art in optimization methods.
- Strong C and C++ software development skills, especially in a Linux environment.
- Experience in machine learning, artificial intelligence, multi-agent collaborative control and planning algorithms.
- Experience in image-processing, embedded systems, ROS, OMS, or FACE open-systems architectures.
- Experience with dynamic modeling of helicopter and/or fixed-wing dynamics, as well as stability and control analysis.
- Experience in aerial manipulation and/or conventional robotic manipulation.
- Experience with test planning and execution.
- Experience in model-based aircraft control.
- Strong skills in Simulink and Stateflow, especially auto-coding.
- Military and/or UAV experience is a plus
Aurora Flight Sciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Read Full Job Description