Hello, we're Aurora Flight Sciences
Aurora Flight Sciences is a leader in the development and manufacturing of advanced unmanned systems and aerospace vehicles. At the core of our company’s mission is a commitment to the science of autonomous flight; whether that means a fully autonomous drone, or a program that is breaking new ground in the interface between man and machine.
Why Work with Us?
This is your chance to make history with us. We’re looking for individuals who are passionate about flight and technology, and possess a curiosity that drives innovative ideas. We are seeking experts and explorers in autonomy, aerospace and aviation engineers, and dedicated professionals of varying disciplines to support our everyday business.
An Insider's view of Aurora Flight Sciences
What’s the vibe like in the office?
I look forward to coming into work every day, because the office is abuzz with excitement and innovation. Everyone is working on new things and pushing the boundaries of aerospace. The hallway chatter ranges from topics in advanced aerodynamics to when the next rock-climbing meet-up will be. I imagine this is how NASA felt during the space race.
Aircraft Conceptual Designer
What's the biggest problem your team is solving?
Aurora is committed to solving challenging technical problems across the aerospace industry. Our team is focused on providing core functions that enable certifiable autonomy in practice, from autonomous threat detection/mitigation to planning, estimation, and control of optionally piloted aircraft in unstructured environments.
What makes someone successful on your team?
To be successful one has to be an optimist and take initiative. We are working on projects that have not been done before so every new idea or approach needs to be welcomed with creativity and an open mind. Learning is endless here, but it is up to the individual to ask questions and take ownership of their work.
Embedded Systems Engineer
How do you empower your team to be more creative?
At Aurora creativity is a necessity. Most of our projects are at the cutting edge of what’s possible and require solving one or more engineering problems that have never before been solved before. It’s in our DNA and we encourage this from Day 1.
Senior Vice President of Programs
How do you collaborate with other teams in the company?
This is where you get to work with the smartest people, across every discipline, on a multitude of trailblazing products. This is where your voice will always be heard. This is where you will be encouraged to try everything. This is where you want to be.
Mechanical Systems Group Lead
Where we are
Kendall Sq is an award-winning, master-planned development and community of world-class office and lab space, restaurants, and retail shopping.
Perks + Benefits
Health Insurance & Wellness
Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
Retirement & Stock Options
Child Care & Parental Leave
Generous Parental Leave
Flexible Work Schedule
Vacation & Time Off
Paid Sick Days
Job Training & Conferences
- Aurora is growing rapidly and there is a lot of opportunity to lead and advance. The company rapidly recognized people who are performing well and they are given more opportunities. It's possible to lead large project here, after only a few months.AlexDirector of Special Projects / Chief of Staff, Programs
- Over the last year we’ve begin organizing and cataloguing interest groups around running, flying, climbing, scuba diving, etc. It’s been handy in organizing trips, and exchanging tips. Everyone here is a huge nerd and passionate about something!
- Every Friday afternoon we have our outings at the local watering holes. It’s just a convenient place to kick back off-hours and let folks blow off steam. It’s completely optional and it ranges from engineering new hires to VPs/C-level execs.
- If you have an amazing idea, we’ll give you the money to pursue it. That’s encouraging!
Technology we use
- Microsoft ProjectManagement