Associate Director Software Engineering, Pricing Platform at Chewy (Greater Boston Area, MA)
Chewy is growing! We’re looking for an Associate Director to join our Pricing team. Chewy is THE go-to online shopping destination for all things pet and we are continuously striving to delight pet parents with a seamless experience across our platforms.
Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, solving complex technical problems and delivering innovative solutions? Our Technology mission is to design and build world-class technology platforms that empower our business partners to create exceptional customer experiences. We aim to support the business by consistently delivering high-quality solutions that quickly address our business challenges. We operate on the following principles: provide a simple way to manage the products we sell, price competitively to support long-term customer trust, and design highly effective promotions.
What You’ll Do
- Manage and lead a team 1-2 scrum teams with 3-7 experienced engineers responsible for building Chewy’s next generation Pricing platforms and complimentary products.
- Lead pricing operations and come up with creative ways to improve operational efficiency.
- Drive technical decisions and be accountable for the delivery of solutions on initiatives they own.
- Contribute to road map definition in collaboration with technical and product leadership.
- Review code and implementations, provide feedback for technical contributors.
- Must be able to identify and manage priorities within the context of overall company objectives based on data driven decision making.
- Establish strong working relationships at all organizational levels and across functional teams as the subject matter expert for your team.
- Mentor, Coach and Manage the careers of the engineers on your team and ensure their continued growth and development.
- Work with others in Engineering Management to drive best practices in software development, testing, and production deployment.
What You’ll Need
- Demonstrated history of implementing and managing multiple software development projects
- Overall 8+ years of experience in the software development and high-volume enterprise systems
- 3+ years of experience leading & managing engineering teams Building cloud-native applications in public cloud (AWS preferred)
- 2+ year leading teams which operating with DevOps culture - managing all aspects of the project including RUN (operations)
- 5+ years of experience with open-source technology technologies
- Ability to excel within a VERY fast paced startup environment with a flat organizational structure and provide hands-on leadership to our top-tier engineers
- Ability to perform business requirements analysis and design with strong prioritization skills to identify minimal viable/lovable products.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science and/or engineering preferred (MS/MA would be a Strong Plus)
- Position may require occasional travel
- Understanding of full life cycle software development with Agile and Lean Startup methodologies.
- Knowledge of Unit Testing best practices and Continuous Integration processes.
- Ability to effectively learn and use new programming concepts, tools and methodology to support the needs of the business.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively share technical information and train and mentor less experienced or knowledgeable team members.
- Advanced presentation (written and verbal) communication skills. Ability to effectively communicate technical issues and solutions to all levels of Product Engineering and Product Management.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at our company, please contact [email protected]
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Chewy, please contact [email protected]