The Associate Director will lead the Cloud Migration Factory end-to-end execution. The Associate Director requires a solid understanding of how organization capabilities interrelate across departments, people leadership skills, and extensive software engineering delivery experience.
The Associate Director, Cloud Migration Execution is a highly visible role that demands a proven expertise managing “current state” to “future state” transformation with focus on agility and speed to value while maintaining high standards of customer service and overall engagement success for the Cloud migration factory. The individual will be responsible for translating the goals into demand-driven project scope. The individual will own clearly defined deliverables of the projects, will support the workload migration team with focus on developing strong relationships within delivery squads, will organize and direct the implementation of solutions thriving for delivering with highest quality, ahead of schedule and under the budget regardless of the project constraints.
This leader will have to manage scope, priorities, conflicts, resolve challenges and negotiate change requests, monitor and assess all work in progress including work quality, best practices and methodologies. The role will interact with all levels of project team members as well as business and IT stakeholders.
As an Associate Director you will:
- Participate in the definition, execution, and maintenance of enterprise-level Cloud migration strategy, approaches, tools, etc.
- Provide expertise and best practices implementing Cloud migration factory approaches and drive success.
- Ensure that goals, scope, policies, and product domain are understood by everyone on the migration team.
- Identify and implement techniques for effective backlog management the best fit the Cloud Migration case.
- Contribute to tasks such as building foundation, deployments, migration to the Cloud, reviews of environments from the perspective of best practices, security/compliance and automation.
- Plan and manage the budget and approve expenditures or budget transfers working along with PMO resources.
- Mentor team members to ensure cohesive thriving for successful delivery.
- Report to executive management on major accomplishments, issues and concerns.
- Bachelor's degree or 10+ years of IT engineering experience
- 3+ years of people management experience, leading by engagement, empowerment, continuous feedback, and coaching.
- Hands-on experience in a public Cloud environment (Azure Cloud preferred)
- Understanding of multiple public Cloud models (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS) and providers (Azure, Google and Private Cloud).
- Hands on experience in Agile frameworks
- Prior demonstrated success in a matrix-managed, cross-functional, and collaborative organization.
- Prior experience managing large multi-technology teams and being responsible for the execution KPIs, OKRs and timelines.
- Passionate about both healthcare and Cloud Migration practices.
- Ability to communicate to both very technical audiences as well as presenting complex technical designs to senior leadership.
- Understanding of project and program management standards and methods.
- Cloud specialist certificate(s).
- Familiar with application and workload dependencies, architecture and service level requirements.
- Knowledge of the DevOps culture and principles.