Applications Engineer at Formlabs
To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring ground-breaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
Formlabs is growing its Applications team to continue to push the boundaries of accessible desktop 3D printing. Our team engages in experimentation and collaboration to develop processes, tutorials, and white papers to inspire and inform Formlabs customers and the 3D printing community at large.
Be one of the first to work with unreleased resins and help realize their potential by immersing yourself in advanced processes, ranging from industrial mold-making and digital dentistry to contemporary craft. Use your technical know-how and curiosity to develop resources that help our customers engage new audiences and ultimately drive sales. If you’re more interested in the digital workflow than post-print processes, help us evaluate and recommend end to end solutions, incorporating scanning, 3D modeling or parametric design. The applications team pursues projects that are high risk / high reward, so a good sense of priority and personal project management is required. Join us an Applications Engineer!
**Submitting a portfolio is required for this role.**
- Propose, research and develop highly visual demos that will translate well online.
- Collaborate and support customers already doing amazing things, providing input and friendly guidance to build mutually beneficial relationships that we can convert into content marketing.
- Stay up to date with the latest trends and popular topics in the industry, benchmarking competitors and advising development teams so we can offer industrial solutions at a fraction of the cost.
- 3D modeling, 3D printing, writing, documentation, part finishing, experimentation, strategy and communication.
- Have an interdisciplinary skill-set and demonstrable experience in projects related to 3D printing and modeling.
- Are able and eager to communicate and share your work - through writing and visuals, 3D models or tutorials.
- Highly curious and creative
- Take a hands-on approach to solving issues
- Are a perfectionist and have an attention to detail, but are still able to push projects through to completion.
- Have an interest in traditional and artisanal processes relating to materials, making and fabrication processes and modern tools like 3D scanning, CAD, and other emerging technologies.
- Flexible Vacation
- Generous premium coverage for medical, dental, and vision plans
- Paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited 3D prints
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.