Application Engineer (M/F/D) at Mendix
| Greater Boston Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 6:14 a.m. (EST) on Friday, February 18, 2022
Mendix is a low-code app development platform:
First, what is low-code? Low-code is a visual approach to software development that enables you to abstract and automate every step of the application lifecycle. Gartner predicts that “by 2024, low-code application development will be responsible for more than 65% of application development activity.” Mendix is repeatedly ranked a Leader in analyst reports from Gartner and Forrester. In the 2021 Gartner® Magic Quadrant for Multiexperience Development Platforms, Mendix placed at the very top of the Leaders quadrant.
Mendix, the global leader in enterprise low-code, was created to promote collaboration between Business & IT teams. Thousands of forward-thinking companies around the world like Ford Auto, Rabobank Netherlands, Zurich Insurance, and Red Bull, can unleash their best ideas faster with the help of the Mendix Platform.
Mendix is a Siemens Business:
Siemens is a Top 10 Global Software Company and a leader on Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in the World! With the acquisition of Mendix in 2018, Siemens Digital Industries Software is driving transformation to enhance the digital enterprise where engineering, manufacturing and electronics meet the future of innovation. Mendix employees have the opportunity to work in a hyper-growth environment with the support of Siemens’ unbeatable market position and resources.
The Mendix AppServices department consists of Makers that deliver value to our company each day. With a focus on creating products with our own Mendix platform as well as technically managing a large range of COTS (Commercial Off-The-Self) products. We have a team of Makers who wake-up everyday to make an impact. Motivated to drive value and connect to our users and customers. We’re ambitious. We’re hard working. We have fun. We create awesome products and solutions with a start-up mentality. We are a breeding ground for Mendix talents.
Mendix is in search of a talented Application Engineer who can grow their career here. Ideally, the candidate should have the "bigger" business picture in mind and be able to focus their talents in implementing new releases, data writing and manipulating, and a lot of configuration. The atmosphere is highly collaborative so we need a someone who will question what they are told and provide suggestions to better the business with the end goal of driving revenue and growth within the company.
Your responsibilities will be:
- Own the daily execution of Mendix’s business application landscape and provide key input in our strategy and architecture
- Administration and support of Mendix’s business applications
- Working with management, departments and end-users to create and manage complex processes systematically
- Create and document application requirements by working together with those involved in the development of enhancements and changes including program staff, programmers, strategic planning and analysis staff and outside consultants as needed
- Keeping abreast of new features and functionality across our SaaS landscape and providing recommendations for process improvements
- Train new and existing users on how to use our tech stack
- Keep application users informed about system functionality and enhancements
- Provide application users with technical support
- Logging and tracking identified system problems through resolution
- Creating and maintaining documentation on processes, policies, application configuration and help related materials for users as applications and/or solutions are developed/built.
We are looking for you if you have:
- Ideally a College degree or equivalent work/technical experience
- Experience with working in a multidisciplinary environment
- Experience gained within a customer support/Consultancy role
- Ability to think critically
- Good understanding of business workflows and processes (e.g. Sales, Marketing, Finance)
- Strong Salesforce experience
- Experience with any of the following Sales Intelligence tools: Zuora, Customer Gauge, Rain Focus, Drift would be beneficial
- Understanding of relational databases and data integration tools
- Experience of the Salesforce programming language Apex
- Excellent communication and analytical skills
- Close attention to detail
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of an international team, on multiple projects
- Experience with Agile development methods
- Working for Mendix and with our Customers means your reliability has to be beyond any doubt, and therefore every employment is subject to a onboarding screening and the condition precedent a Certificate of Conduct is provided that demonstrates you did not commit any offences that are relevant to the performance of your function.
Working at Mendix
Mendix has been recognized as a Best Cloud Computing Company to Work For by Forbes. With offices in 16+ countries including headquarters in Rotterdam and Boston, Mendix provides an international playground to truly impact the world through low-code.
While each employee brings their own unique cultures and personalities to the workplace, we collectively live by our Mendix Blue Guiding Principles:
While we live on different continents, speak different languages, and work on different things, we are bound by our “MendixBlue” guiding principles. Being “MendixBlue” means that you live the culture, and you consistently improve it as we grow. It’s kind of a big deal.
We put the customer first. Without our customers, we have no business. So, if you act in the best interest of our customers, always…you belong here.
We think big. We work to have a meaningful, lasting impact on the world. So, if you aim high and think long term…you belong here.
We innovate. We want to be what happens next. So, if you ask “what if?” and work to find a way or make one…you belong here.
We nurture talent. We look, not just at the sum of what an individual has done, but at the potential of who they can be. So, if you’re up for learning from your failures…you belong here.
We hear every voice. Inflated egos don’t last here, humility does. So, if you share credit and ensure that the best ideas win – regardless of who they come from…you belong here.
We own it. If something needs doing, we do it. So, if you focus on the outcome, and take initiative to get it done…you belong here.
We have fun. We use laughter as a common language. We can ask for help and we’re happy to give it. So, if you find joy and purpose in what you do…you belong here.