API Developer at MassMutual
Since 1851, MassMutual’s commitment has always been to help people protect their families, support their communities, and help one another. This is why we want to inspire people to Live Mutual. We are people helping people.
A career with us means you will work alongside exceptional people and be empowered to reach your professional and personal goals. Our employees are the foundation of what makes MassMutual a strong, stable and ethical business. We seek and value unique and varied perspectives and experiences because we believe we are stronger when all voices are heard. We invite you to bring your bright, innovative ideas to MassMutual as we continue to help millions of Americans rely on each other.
Together, we are stronger.
The MassMutual Mobile engineering team in the Enterprise Technology Experience Organization is seeking an outstanding backend engineer to join our team. The successful Engineer will be expected to learn quickly new cutting-edge technologies, technical concepts, and complex problem spaces. The individual must possess a solid understanding of computer science fundamentals, including database and API/Microservice/cloud enabling business applications and usage at scale.
What great looks like for this role
The Engineer will have an opportunity to design and develop API’s using REST, Node.js & Java to provide data integration functionality for the diverse financial and life insurance data. The incumbent will work with the different company business units to map and integrate disparate data from a variety of source systems.
- Working closely with a team of highly skilled data and API engineers to help connect and integrate web services across the enterprise.
- Build out Node.js and Spring Boot based Microservices
- Implement AWS cloud-based infrastructure systems to support continuous delivery and integration pipelines (Docker, Docker Swarm, and Jenkins. Kubernetes).
- Design and build out our infrastructure for scalability, using techniques such as serverless components (e.g. AWS Lambda
- Operate infrastructure systems to support enterprise data science and analytics capabilities, including streaming and real-time analytics (Kafka, Spark Streaming, and Snowplow)
- Be self-supportive in collaborating with your peers to effectively deliver robust solutions for the business
- Work seamlessly in an agile environment with engineers, product managers, business analysts, and designers to understand end-user requirements
- Support-what-you-build, including monitoring, performance tuning, and responding to incidents
- Must have rich experience in developing RESTful APIs and Microservices
- 5+ years of experience with full stack development, including application, API, testing, and automation experience
- Open source web application frameworks (Node.js / Play etc.)
- Experience working in an agile environment and collaborating with the team to solve technical challenges using rapid and iterative development
- Superior communication skills with the ability to work directly with business partners
- Authorized to work in the US with or without sponsorship
- Bachelor's Degree
- 7+ years of experience with full stack development, including application, API, testing, and automation experience preferred
- SQL for database schema design (Vertica, Postgres, etc.)
- Unit test frameworks (scala test / mocha / junit / jasmine etc.)
- Advanced proficiency in Node.js
- Advanced Database design and administration
- Continuous integration server(s) (Jenkins / TeamCity / GoCD etc.) and continuous deployments
- Graduate degree is a plus