Algorithms Software Engineer in Test - C/C++
To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring ground-breaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
As an Algorithms Test Engineer, you will conduct in-depth testing of new printing features, including support generation strategies, improvements in accuracy and new printing workflows. Working from a software perspective, your goal is to ensure our newest printing features work reliably before entering QA. You will report into our Director of Software Engineering.
- Feature development including authoring of test plans and development of test parts
- Create software tools to automate testing of new algorithms and find regressions in existing algorithms
- Find and fix software bugs
- Maintain testing equipment including printers and their consumables, testing PCs, software tools, measuring equipment, etc
- Have math and reasoning skills with an knack for understanding how to use new algorithms and complex software tools
- Make careful measurements and develop detailed tests early in the development cycle
- Familiarity with CAD tools such at SolidWorks, SCAD or AutoDesk
- Demonstrate the ability to design test parts that print
- Stellar coding skills in python, comfortable at the Linux command line level
- Familiarity with C, C++ or C#
- Experience dealing with 3D data sets, 3D models and data formats common to 3D printing like STL or gcode
- Experience in sophisticated 3D printing, 3D graphics, 3D modeling or FEA (finite element analysis)
- Flexible Vacation
- Generous premium coverage for medical, dental, and vision plans
- Paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited 3D prints
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.