2022 New Grad Cloud Engineer I at Chewy (Greater Boston Area, MA)
Chewy is seeking highly driven and passionate graduating Software Engineering students to join our development teams in Boston, MA and Bellevue, WA as a Cloud Engineer. This is an exciting opportunity to join our software engineering teams that build design and build infrastructure automation and services in order to make operating a large-scale distributed system simple, digging in and contributing to the creation of IaC standards. Working closely with your team of fellow developers, you’ll ensure that developers of software and systems collaborate effectively to achieve their objectives of reliability and scalability.
As part of a dynamic team and high growth company, you will work in a fast-paced environment where your work will have an immediate impact on our business. Our collaborative code environment will allow you the opportunity to learn from and work closely with our passionate engineers.
What You'll Do:
You will be working to deliver solutions that are simple, scalable, maintainable, and repeatable. Through cross functional collaboration, you’ll design, implement, test, and deploy solutions for Chewy’s hyperscale cloud Platform which underpins its path-to-purchase systems. You’ll write simple and sustainable code that reflects a deep understanding of our business and contributes meaningfully to the success of your team and delivery to our customers.
We are looking to bring in the next generation of engineers who will help us in our mission to become the most trusted and convenient destination for pet parents. Think you have what it takes to join our pack?
Possible start dates for this role are between January 2022 and June 2022.
What You'll Need:
- Currently enrolled in or completed within the last 6 months a BS/BA degree in Computer Science or related area
- Experience with or exposure to AWS or other Public Cloud infrastructure such as Azure or Google Cloud
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals including object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, and complexity analysis
- Work authorization without current or future sponsorship required
- Experience working with Terraform and/or CloudFormation to implement IaC
- Previous experience with Software Engineering practices for the full development lifecycle including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience working in an agile environment (Scrum, XP or etc.)
- Willingness to travel as needed
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Chewy, please contact [email protected]