2021 Undergraduate Software Engineer I at Chewy
Chewy is seeking highly driven and passionate graduating Software Engineering students to join our development teams in Boston, MA. This is an exciting opportunity to join our back-end engineering teams that support our behind the scenes operations, while gaining meaningful exposure to Chewy’s entire business. Our cloud-based integration will allow you the opportunity to continue to integrate our software with our core e-commerce platform.
As part of a dynamic team and high growth company, you will work in a fast-paced environment where your work will have an immediate impact on the business. Our collaborative code environment will allow you the opportunity to learn from and work closely with our passionate engineers.
What you'll do:
You will be working in functions that touch our end to end customer experience whether its customer order, and catalog management, pricing and promotions tools, search and personalization or operational analytics. Through cross functional collaboration, you’ll design and build interfaces that integrate every aspect of our business. You’ll write simple and sustainable code that reflects a deep understanding of our business and contributes meaningfully to the success of your team and delivery to our customers.
We are looking to bring in the next generation of engineers who will help us in our mission to become the most trusted and convenient destination for pet parents. Think you have what it takes to join our pack?
What you'll need:
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science or related area with gradation date no later than January 2021
- Extensive experience coding in Java (our primary language)
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals including object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, and complexity analysis
Nice to have:
- Exposure to or experience with SQL, Scala, Kotlin, C#, Swift, Objective-C
- Exposure to or experience with AWS
- Previous experience with Software Engineering practices for the full development lifecycle including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience working in an agile environment (Scrum, XP or etc.)
- Willingness to travel as needed