Director, Technical Program Management
The Opportunity: The Technology Program Management (TPM) team is the catalyst for managing execution and delivery of critical initiatives across our product lines; driving programs that deliver innovative, enterprise cloud solutions for our customers. They are the enablers and drivers that create delighted users, thriving teams, and innovation everywhere.
Position Summary: The Director of Technical Program Management will oversee a portfolio of high-profile programs focused on a particular product line. Along with Product Management and Engineering leaders, they will drive collective success against business goals for the product and athena overall. They will be both an Agile evangelist as well as manage a small team of TPMs providing mentoring and professional guidance. As a member of the TPM leadership team they are also responsible for helping evolve and grow the TPM organization while modeling the way.
Travel: 5%, if any
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage a portfolio of high-profile programs focused on a particular product line.
- Manage tradeoffs across the portfolio to ensure business objectives are met and internal obstacles are removed.
- Coordinate with TPMs and other leaders across products to address and identify cross product dependencies.
- Develop effective relationships across the Product Development function.
- Take ownership of the overall program planning process, program schedule, and initiate process improvements when identified.
- Drive the release planning process 3 times per year.
- Serve as an Agile evangelist to the teams.
- Influence program performance through exercising sound technical judgement, challenging proposals, and building consensus.
- Be a driving force for progress and achievement of program goals by aligning Product Development teams and processes, ferreting out roadblocks and dependencies, and doing what it takes to unblock the team.
- Providing direction on priorities between programs.
- Work closely with TPM leadership team to build a high performing organization.
- Serve as a role model for encouraging knowledge-sharing across functional groups.
- Establish success metrics for program team and Technical Program-wide KPIs.
Education, Experience, & Skills Required:
- 10+ years of technical program management experience.
- 5+ years of strong leadership skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience required; advanced degree welcome
- Agile/Scrum experience required; AgilePM certification preferred
- Proven success managing successful, complex, business critical programs.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills: internally, client-facing, and with C-Level stakeholder
- Demonstrates strong cross functional leadership to align process, projects, and people to meet business goals in cross-functional team setting.
- Demonstrated past experience in defining and measuring team success via data-driven metrics & reporting
Behaviors and Abilities Required:
- Ability to assume sole and independent responsibility for a wide array of projects with increasing amounts of scope and/or visibility.
- Excellent communicator, a consummate team player, highly adaptive, and have a strong sense of personal integrity.
- Comfort wielding influence instead of authority.
- Ability/desire to own & lead dynamic, important work – with flexibility and willingness to get into the weeds and do whatever it takes to reach goals.
- Analytical, but also empirical, and deeply dedicated to continuous improvement.
- Has an eye for detail and ability to read between the lines, while equally comfortable assessing the strategic big picture.
- Passionate about leading teams and modeling the way for others to follow.
- Able to take complex business problems & break them down into clear goals, then support the team through execution to reach those goals.
- Superior presentation and meeting management skills; with ability to leverage executive presence to drive to consensus with command, credibility, and poise.
- Travel required but time may vary and may include client site visits, travel with Sales Executive, conferences, trade shows, Sales and Marketing events, and training.