Sr. Business Analyst – Public Cloud Analysis
Nuance is the pioneer and leader in conversational artificial intelligence (AI) innovations that bring intelligence to everyday work and life. We deliver solutions that understand, analyze, and respond to people, amplifying human intelligence to increase productivity and improve security. With decades of both domain and AI expertise, we work with thousands of organizations across a wide range of industries.
Join our team! At Nuance, we are constantly reinventing how people connect with technology and with each other. Our AI-powered solutions empower organizations to transform “business as usual.” For decades, the world’s leading financial, healthcare, telecommunications, retailers, and government organizations have trusted Nuance to bring them award-winning solutions that deliver more meaningful outcomes and empower a smarter, more connected world. From clinical speech recognition technologies that free physicians to spend more time caring for patients to real-time intelligence that powers billions of customer interactions, we’re deeply committed to helping organizations push the boundaries of what’s possible.
Are you a data analyst with public cloud experience looking to make an impact? Our Global Technology Solutions (GTS) Team in Burlington, MA would like to hear from you. As a member of the GTS Analytics, Metrics & Reporting team, the Analyst will be a public cloud cost management SME and will be responsible for presenting reports, dashboards, and self-service data analysis solutions to internal users across business units and functions. This role demands an ability to form strong partnerships in addition to a strong technical/design skillset for presenting data in a clear, insightful, user-focused way. The Analyst will collaborate with business partners on cost management and forecasting of public cloud spend.
The Analyst will be responsible for designing reports and dashboards, utilizing technical best practices as well as analytical skills to obtain a full understanding of underlying data and functional needs/requirements. The Analyst translates data and analysis into usable and informative solutions which produce accurate business critical reports and dashboards.
Principal duties and responsibilities:
- As a subject matter expert on pubic cloud cost and utilization data, drive the proper approach for analysis and measurements of success.
- Collaborate with business partners and CIO Leadership to build out data analytics capability. Responsible for requirements gathering, documentation, analysis, data validation and user acceptance testing of dashboards and reports.
- Design and deliver comprehensive business intelligence solutions, data modeling, reporting and analytics. Provide system administrative support for data reporting tools, including support for the user community.
- Partner with the CIO team to create and execute regular data audits. Identify and implement controls and validation measures to ensure data integrity.
- Work closely with business lines to turn data into critical information and knowledge that can be used to make sound business decisions, including monthly, quarterly and multi-year forecasts. Provide data that is accurate, congruent, reliable, and easily accessible. Help document the requirements from the various business lines.
- Perform statistical analysis, build predictive models, and formulate decision models that relate operational activities to results; drive value stream enhancement and continuous improvement.
- Contribute to a team responsible for the design, development and implementation of mission critical business intelligence reports.
- Compile and analyze data to provide decision support to help drive the business in areas such as service management, project management, technology risk and asset management.
- Develop, automate, maintain, and deliver weekly, monthly, quarterly, and yearly CIO metrics to monitor KPIs and dashboards.
- Support day-to-day reporting needs including training, demonstrations, troubleshooting, ad hoc reporting, etc.
- Perform tasks related to securing and keeping the products, tools, and processes that you are responsible for securing
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Economics, Business or other related field; Master’s degree preferred
- 5+ years’ experience in a similar business intelligence, data mining, OD or consultative role
- Excellent problem-solving abilities and superior analytical skills.
- Experience with creating strong intracompany relationships and partnerships
- Deep interest and aptitude in data, metrics, analysis and trends.
- Experience with complex data modeling and forecasting.
- Able to identify and communicate issues/risks applying technical and root cause analysis skills.
- Exceptional Power BI and DAX Skills.
- Deep understanding of Azure and its data services.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and O365.
- Superior documentation and organizational skills. Must be detail oriented.
- Excellent critical-thinking skills with the ability to research and analyze data retrieved from multiple sources.
- Must possess and demonstrate excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communications skills.
- Understanding of IT and Hosting business processes and practices
- Understanding of Microsoft analytics Stack (SQL Server, SSAS Tabular, Power Query, SQL and T-SQL).
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance Communication Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 – Human Resources Department and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.