Senior Manager, Market Research and Competitive Intelligence at Nuance
Nuance is the pioneer and leader in conversational artificial intelligence (AI) innovations that bring intelligence to everyday work and life. We deliver solutions that understand, analyze, and respond to people, amplifying human intelligence to increase productivity and improve security. With decades of both domain and AI expertise, we work with thousands of organizations across a wide range of industries.
Check out our team Life at Nuance!
Join our team! At Nuance, we are constantly reinventing how people connect with technology and with each other. Our AI-powered solutions empower organizations to transform “business as usual.” For decades, the world’s leading financial, healthcare, telecommunications, retailers, and government organizations have trusted Nuance to bring them award-winning solutions that deliver more meaningful outcomes and empower a smarter, more connected world. From clinical speech recognition technologies that free physicians to spend more time caring for patients to real-time intelligence that powers billions of customer interactions, we’re deeply committed to helping organizations push the boundaries of what’s possible.
As a critical member of the Solutions Marketing team, the Senior Manager, Market Research and Competitive Intelligence role is responsible for sourcing, assessing and authoring market and competitive intelligence, working closely with colleagues from Sales, Marketing, Product Management and other groups across the company. This role monitors industry trends (industry regulations, technology trends, macroeconomic conditions, business processes, challenges) and acts as an industry subject matter expert. The individual in this role is key in supporting strategic planning activities by providing actionable recommendations based on assessments of markets and competitors, both existing and potential.
The ideal candidate has experience in the Healthcare IT and/or Healthcare voice industries, possesses strong market analysis and execution skills, and is a strong cross-functional team leader who enjoys driving change in a fast-paced, thriving environment. Must have excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
This individual will report to the Director of Market & Competitive Intelligence.
Principal Duties and Responsbilities:
- Conduct research to capture insights on market trends, competitive landscape, customer needs, and end-user behaviors.
- Identify, collect and interpret appropriate customer, competitor, market, economic, financial, and/or operational data and translate into executable and effective market and intelligence reports and presentations.
- Monitor intelligence sources (blogs, media, competitors’ web sites, webinars, conference sessions/trade shows, and calls for papers), making connections between disparate data.
- Responsible for strategic data and information, trend and scenario analysis, “So What?” analysis, and other business analytics in support of strategic planning and execution.
- Conduct market and customer research to gather data and insights about target personas, buyer needs and the purchasing decision process for Nuance solutions, including key buyer roles and customer journey mapping.
- Conduct competitive and manage Win Loss analysis, including working directly with Nuance’s third party Win Loss provider to manage target accounts and oversee results presentations and follow-up recommendations.
- Work collaboratively internally and externally to develop and drive excellent strategic commercial insights that inform and shape communications to achieve their maximum potential.
- Identify new ways to position solutions in the market and work with Solutions Marketing, Sales, and Product Management colleagues to execute on strategies.
- Develop and maintain internal database of outcomes-oriented metrics, market statistics, competitively differentiated data points, and other relevant information that may be leveraged by Solutions Marketing, Corporate Communication, and other teams.
- Collaborate with Product Management and influence product roadmaps by comparing and sharing market and competitive insights into buyer needs and market opportunities with Nuance’s distinctive competencies and existing plans.
- Provide consulting and interpretation of market and consumer/customer research data to the Healthcare Division, analyzing and adjusting activities to drive continuous improvement of marketing, sales, support, and delivery efforts.
- Field and deliver ad hoc market and competitive intelligence from internal customers.
- Create, maintain, and update the Competitive Insights internal webpage.
- Forge strong relationships with business leaders to understand strategy and pain points, ensuring competitive and market intelligence content is strategically aligned and impactful.
- Cultivate and sustain working relationships with key industry opinion leaders, associations, and analysts who can play a role in supporting division business objectives. Serve as project manager, as needed, for research projects with external analysts/vendors.
- Continually add to the understanding of the company’s solutions by developing a thorough understanding of similar products, competition, and market trends that impact individual product lines and cross-solution portfolios. Draw comparisons and offer deep insights and actionable intelligence to support Nuance’s differentiation in the market.
Education: BA/BS degree and minimum
Minimum years of experience:6-8 years of experience in technology marketing, product management, or related field.
- 6-8 years of experience conducting market research, competitive intelligence, or similar activities.
- Experience working in, and deep domain knowledge of, the Healthcare voice industry and market landscape.
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and conduct detailed, substantive market and product research in order to understand our products, competitors’ products, and the market we inhabit.
- A dual-minded approach: You’re highly creative and an excellent writer but can also be process-driven, think scale, and rely on data to make decisions.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Technically capable, with knowledge of Healthcare technology.
- Excellent written and verbal communicator, with strong attention to detail.
- Strong desire to improve processes.
- Ability to prioritize, focus, and execute through obstacles; innovative thinker with deep analytical problem-solving skills.
- Prefer working in a collaborative, cross-team capacity. This role requires you to work across functions and departments to bring our solutions to life.
- Great track record of working cross functionally with engineers, sales, developer evangelists, business development, and community leaders.
- Executive-level presence and ability to clearly present complex data to different audiences, including executive leaders and stakeholders.
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance celebrates diversity and is proud to be an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action workplace. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, military and veteran status, disability, genetics, or any other category protected by law or Nuance policy. If you need an accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 and let us know.