Senior Data Scientist at Agero + Swoop
Agero is powering the next generation of software-enabled driver safety services and technology, pushing the limits of big data to transform the entire driving experience. The majority of leading vehicle manufacturers and insurance providers use Agero’s roadside assistance, accident management, dispatch, consumer affairs and telematics innovations to strengthen their businesses and create stronger, lasting connections with their customers. Together, we’re making driving smarter and safer for everyone.
The Data Science and Analytics (DS&A) group at Agero is a central resource for innovative data products, scientific analysis, and actionable insights. We are a collaborative, consultative team that works cross functionally to:
- support partners throughout the organization in making informed, data driven decisions,
- unlock the value within our data to create innovative new product offerings, drive efficiency, and improve customer experience, and
- provide greater access to information and insights through dashboards, data self-service tools, and training.
Agero believes that data is a key asset and a true competitive advantage.
This position is focused on driving innovation in the core business, including forecasting business KPIs, analyzing data from our extensive call-center operations and/or our network of roadside assistance service providers, and helping other groups understand and make use of the insights gained from the analyses in the Data Science and Analytics group.
- Participate in end-to-end data science projects from problem definition and data exploration to result validation and putting the project into production
- Communicate research results effectively in written and spoken forms to various audiences including product management, engineering, executives, and customers
- Research and experiment with Agero's extensive datasets to gain new insights and drive innovation
POSSIBLE PROJECTS (within the first 6-12 months):
- Develop models and prescriptive analyses to help optimize the performance of our extensive service provider network, from dispatching models, new recruiting tools, etc.
- Help to guide future call-center policies and procedures through data-driven analysis
- Improve processes of identification/remediation of faults or gaps in our service provider network
- Explore Agero's call-center and roadside assistance dispatch data to gain new insights and drive innovation.
- Enhance KPI forecasting processes and help develop company business strategies
There are many other projects in the DS&A pipeline which this role may eventually work on, including but not limited to: spatial analysis of our network of Service Providers, leveraging weather and other real-time information to assist our operations, and other analyses to aid new product development and improve existing processes.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: 7 years equivalent experience. This experience could come from several paths: e.g., a Ph.D. in a technical field (physical science, engineering, mathematics, computer science) and 2+ years relevant experience, or a Master’s degree in a technical field and 4+ years relevant experience, or 7+ years relevant experience. Experience must include at least 2+ years working as a data scientist in a professional setting.
- Machine Learning and Modeling
- Statistics and data exploration
- Strong analytical coding skills (preferably in Python)
- Good communication skills both in written (technical documents, Python notebooks) and spoken (meetings, presentations) forms.
- Willing and able to learn and meet business needs
- Independent, self-organizing, and able to prioritize multiple complex assignments.
NICE TO HAVES:
- Experience with relational databases (preferably PostgreSQL/Snowflake)
- Experience with cloud computing (ideally AWS)
- Experience running jobs in Airflow
- Experience with forecasting methods and libraries (e.g., Prophet)
- Experience with PyMC3
WORKING RELATIONSHIPS: Interacts with all levels of management and staff across the organization as well as clients.
THIS DESCRIPTION IS NOT INTENDED TO BE A COMPLETE STATEMENT OF JOB CONTENT, RATHER TO ACT AS A GUIDE TO THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS PERFORMED. MANAGEMENT RETAINS THE DISCRETION TO ADD TO OR CHANGE THE DUTIES OF THE POSITION AT ANY TIME.