Senior BI Director, Data Insights and Analytics at Toast
Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love.
Reporting into the SVP of Finance, the Sr Director, Data Insights and Analytics will play an integral role in short and long term strategy across Toast. This person will lead our centralized analytics team and help drive data-informed decision making throughout the organization. We are looking for a highly motivated, energetic candidate with experience building and operating high-performing teams, and managing managers. The ideal candidate is also someone who isn’t afraid to dive into data and get their hands dirty from time to time.
About this Roll*:
- Set the mission, vision and structure for analytics at Toast - step into a lead role in an already high-performing team and help them increase their impact
- Hire, coach, develop and retain diverse and top tier analytics talent
- Serve as a key stakeholder to our data infrastructure teams as they aim to optimize our data warehouse for business impact
- Develop processes and frameworks to manage and prioritize bandwidth while balancing short and long term objectives - drive the team to execute in depth analyses that will move the needle for Toast while also creating impactful and scalable reporting the business needs
- Establish clear and consistent expectations and competencies across multiple established analytics teams - identify areas these teams should operate independently and areas where collaboration will be beneficial
- Proactively identify areas outside the regular stream of business requests where the team can add value
- Oversee complex statistical modeling development, enhancement, and maintenance around all aspects of the business including payments, sales, marketing, support, activation, R&D and more
- Partner with key stakeholders and business leaders to produce alignment end encourage successful use of data in Go-to-Market, Customer Success, Finance, Product, and Executive
Do you have the right ingredients*?
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in a quantitative field; lengthy experience in BI or Data Analytics
- 5+ years experience managing managers and mentoring top performers - comfortable and effective giving feedback, both positive and constructive
- SQL expert; Python (Pandas, NumPy, Seaborn, etc) proficiency
- Excellent communication skills - verbal, written and via data visualization
- Previous experience in an analyst role - efficiently analyzing huge volumes of data and presenting concise and clear recommendations to senior leaders
- Ability to work effectively in a dynamic, changing environment and to adapt while focusing on key goals and objectives
- Work experience in a high growth tech or SaaS company
- Experience with Snowflake, Airflow, GitHub, AWS, or Looker
- Familiarity with NetSuite or Salesforce
Our Spread of Total Rewards
- Unlimited Vacation
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program
- Commitment to Employee Wellness through resources such as a quarterly Wellness Stipend
- Various peer and company recognition programs
- 401(k) and matching
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Mental Health Benefits
- Subsidized backup childcare
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.