Principal Data Scientist, Ecosystem at Atlassian (Remote)
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it's necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Your future team
Does the challenge of scaling a fast-growing company by powering it with data and analytics excite you? Using your business instincts and creativity, you will support an outstanding product with nuanced analysis, relevant insights, and recommendations. We're growing quickly, so you'll need to help define the processes for sustainable growth across the marketing and analytics organizations. If you love finding patterns amidst chaos, making quick decisions, and aren't afraid of being wrong, then this role is a great fit!
Atlassian is looking for a Principal Data Scientist with technical and leadership skills to be the primary analytics partner to our Ecosystem marketing team. We're looking for someone with business instincts, creativity, analytics mastery, and experience working with cross-functional teams; someone who is passionate about applying these skills to build a measurement culture connected to business impact.
What you'll do
- Work with Marketing and Product Leaders in the Ecosystem team to identify high impact opportunities for analytics, and align Analytics & Data Science priorities with the team roadmap
- Inform growth strategy, important decisions, and customer and developer messaging for Atlassian's Ecosystem Platform
- Envision, scope, and lead high impact projects by collaborating with marketing, product, engineering, and other data scientists
- Promote a measurement culture and understand the impact of our internal strategy, including designing and analyzing experiments and campaigns
- Share your high-quality recommendations with multiple levels of leadership to guide impactful decisions
- Foster a world-class analytics culture, leading by example, through education and creation of self-service tools, to make a lasting change in how your partners use data to make decisions
- Experience applying your analytics skills to identify and lead projects which have had impact on strategic and marketing roadmap decisions
- 8+ years of experience in analytics or related fields
- Expertise in SQL and proficiency in another data science programming language (e.g Python, R)
- An Agile development mindset, appreciating the benefit of constant iteration and improvement
- A very high bar for output quality, while balancing "having something now" vs. "perfection in the future"
- Comfort explaining complex concepts to diverse audiences and creating compelling stories
- Experience translating insights into actions that have a direct business impact
- Experience using statistics as part of your role
- Experience with at least one analytics and visualization tool such as Tableau, Looker, etc.
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world's best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team .
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub .