Manager, Data Analytics
No one knows the road like Agero. For over 40 years, we have provided the safest, smartest solutions for drivers and the companies that keep them moving. Headquartered in Medford, MA with operations throughout North America, we are trusted by more than 100 leading corporations and used by 75% of the new passenger vehicles sold in the U.S.
As a result, we have become an industry leader, providing vehicle manufacturers and insurance carriers with privately labeled state-of-the-art roadside assistance plans and efficient claims management solutions. Our Roadside Assistance network protects more than 75 million drivers each year, providing award-winning service that helps motorists in their time of need while building customer loyalty for our clients.
Our commitment to our Employees:
- Have an Impact: Join us and Day 1, play a role in shaping our digital transformation.
- Grow your Career: Our focus us helping you grow the core competencies to shape your technology career.
- Work that Matters: We are a roadside business singularly focused on making sure our customers are quickly, safely and efficiently supported in their time of need.
The Agero Analytics team collects, analyzes and reports data to give the whole company insight into the big picture. Our goal is to empower everyone at Agero with timely, accurate, and actionable information and to make better decisions with data.
Each Agero Analytics team member is aligned with one or more groups, such as Network Operations, Client Services, or Marketing, and partners with those teams to help them achieve their goals. Whether measuring site performance, analyzing customer behavior and trends, data mining, or writing queries, you will be working on how to improve our business by exploring and drawing insight from our trove of customer and transactional data. This involves ad-hoc analysis, wrangling large amounts of data and translating quantitative findings into strategy recommendations.
The ideal Manager, Business Analysis candidate is a self-starting, forward-thinking, innovative team player who is focused on results and strives to produce a superior work product. This person will be comfortable managing the Agero Analytics team by assessing analytical needs and identifying the appropriate levels of support for each initiative. The Manager will perform high level analyses with high exposure to external and internal consumers. Strong interpersonal skills are a must as the candidate must be able to work effectively at all levels of the organization. The candidate should be comfortable with detailed analysis, and must consistently deliver high-quality work. The successful communication of complicated issues represents a critical success factor, so the candidate should have excellent communications skills. This candidate will also be comfortable facilitating conversations with senior business leaders while providing best practice recommendations for Agero Analytics solutions, including the conceptualization and development of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and other metrics needed to help drive the business forward.
- Enhances current and develops new analytical processes for meaningful actionable data. Proactively advise on new and relevant data, data mining, business information and analytical views. Monitor existing performance metrics and maintain library of historical data
- Assist with various ad hoc reporting/financial projects such as cost reduction initiatives, ROI on strategic projects and other cost/benefit analysis. Provide input and recommendations for streamlining processes and making process improvements. Conducts own research to identify new projects.
- Ability to extract data from different sources and create meaningful analysis and business summaries
- Strong multitasking skills required with a high level of initiative and independence
- Strong attention to detail is a must. Ability to identify patterns or incongruities within large data samples necessary. Ability to work with complex formulae and to understand the relationships among the elements within a formula is required. Errors may lead to significant, negative impact to business.
- Leads tests and pilots for process change as a result of analysis and communicates the results and recommendations to all areas of management.
- Serves as an internal process improvement expert by ensuring consistency in data analysis methodologies and sharing of best practices.
- Develops business information management and reporting metrics, techniques, tools, and systems. Proactively advise on new and relevant data, data mining, business information and analytical views.
- Build relationships internally -- e.g., with Client Services, Network Management, Finance, Directors, IT, Marketing, Sales, etc. -- to accomplish team goals and to support goals of others.
- Manages all aspects of the analytics team; identifies and implements growth and development opportunities within the team
- Consultative with other groups within the organization as a subject matter expert and able to deliver feedback in a clear manner
- Bachelor's degree, preferably with business, mathematics or finance focus
- Graduate degree preferred
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- 5 years related business/financial analysis experience
- 2 years of project or supervisory/management experience
- Strong skills with MS Office application but advanced with Excel. SQL experience is preferred
- Relational database experience and strong statistical and critical thinking skills
- Financial modeling, project management
- Strong analytical, presentation, and persuasion skills
WORKING RELATIONSHIPS:Interacts with both internal and external clients and customers in clear and concise manner. A self-starting, forward-thinking, innovative team player who is focused on results and strives to produce a superior work product. Strong interpersonal skills are a must as the candidate must be able to work effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Previous experience in the automotive or insurance industries is a plus.
- Travel up to 10%.