Manager, Business Insights & Customer Value at Grubhub
The Manager, Business Insights & Customer Value will be responsible for identifying, quantifying and coordinating implementation of opportunities to improve customer experience and reduce cost for our Care department. The successful candidate will have a background in analytics and Lean Six Sigma with a strong ability to bring structure and purpose to a new team within the organization. This position reports directly to the Sr. Manager of Driver/Restaurants (or Sr. Manager of Diner). This position has no direct reports.
The Impact You Will Make
- Perform root cause analysis to better understand the critical business drivers for Customer Experience for Diners, Driver and Restaurants and leverage this data to influence long-term customer strategy
- Utilize qualitative and anecdotal data as a starting point to identify process improvement opportunities and create an ROI based on data
- Identify and oversee the individual projects that will achieve the broader program goals, formulate/consolidate project plans, identify dependencies, highlight risks and roadblocks, and suggest possible solutions to stay on track
- Collaborate across the company to ensure that customer pain points from Care are shared, quantified and addressed
- Liaise within Care to ensure teams are prepared for new company programs and empowered to improve the Customer Experience across all contact types
- Analyze key Care data and trends including how they tie to the overall Grubhub business in order to create business cases and project ROIs
- Monitor KPIs, business drivers, and measure decision impacts for specific departments - Product, Technology, Logistics, Marketing and Sales
- Be curious! Continually identify opportunities to improve the Customer Experience or Reduce Expense
- Utilize qualitative and anecdotal data as a starting point to create an ROI and identify opportunities for improvement
- Collaborate with Tech, Product, Finance and Care Sr. Leadership to implement business improvements
- Provide guidance for change management approaches to the Process Improvement team and larger Care organization
- Prioritize projects across teams with focus areas in customer experience, expense reduction and employee experience
- Manage A/B and other structured tests to ensure coordination across business and non-bias results
- Use trends in key business metrics to identify projects that will the most value to the Grubhub
- Perform advanced analytics to better understand the critical drivers of our business – including but not limited to diner behavior, restaurant relationships, product engagement, and market-specific performance
- Effective analysis is only possible with good data - be a champion of data accessibility, accuracy and quality for the Care team by partnering with our Care Data team
- Be curious! Continually identify opportunities to improve the Customer Experience, Reduce Expense or make people’s work day easier
What You Bring to the Table
- 2-4 years experience managing and developing a team, preferably within consulting, finance or tech
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Ability to balance attention to detail with expeditious execution in a fast paced environment
- Highest standards of accuracy and precision; extremely organized
- Experience communicating business analysis and business insights insights to senior leadership (e.g. strategies to improve customer experience, improve customer retention or reduce cost strategies)
- Experience to simplify complex problems to Sr. Leadership including strong recommendations and an ROI
- Strong organizational skills including project management and experience multitasking
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. Grubhub employees are provided a generous amount of time to recharge their batteries.
- Health and Wellness. We provide programs that support your overall well-being such as generous medical benefits, employee network groups, company-wide fitness challenges, and a comfortable and casual workplace! We also support our parents by offering 8 weeks of paid parent bonding time, a 4-week returnship program, and 6-8 weeks paid medical leave.
- Learning and Career Growth. Your personal and professional development is a priority at Grubhub. From day one, we empower you to lead and be an active participant in your career growth. We provide continuous learning opportunities, training, and coaching and mentorship programs.
- MealPerks. Who’s ready for some lunch? We provide our employees with a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants. We also offer company-wide meals several times a year to bring our Grubhub family together.
- Fun. Every Grubhub office has an employee-led Culture Crew that connects people through fun, meaningful events and initiatives. Some of our popular past events include: Wing-eating contests, Grubtoberfest, 5k Runs, Bring Your Child to Work Day, regular happy hours, and more!
- Social Impact. We believe in the importance of serving the communities that support our business. In addition, employees are given paid time off each year to support the causes that are important to them.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.