Machine Learning Engineer at Acquia
Acquia is the open source digital experience company. We provide the world's most ambitious brands with technology that allows them to embrace innovation and create customer moments that matter. At Acquia we believe in the power of community and collaboration - giving our customers the freedom to build tomorrow on their terms.
Headquartered in Boston, we have been named as one of North America’s fastest growing software companies as reported by Deloitte and Inc. Magazine, and have been rated a leader by the analyst community and named one of the Best Places to Work by the Boston Business Journal. We are Acquia. We are building for the future of the web, and we want you to be a part of it.
About the team you will be on…
Acquia Marketing Cloud is the open marketing cloud and is purpose-built as a SaaS solution, that enables cross-channel marketing, and scales across brands. The Acquia marketing cloud product portfolio includes Acquia CDP, the premier Customer Data Platform, Acquia Personalization a web personalization solution and Acquia Campaign Studio, a marketing automation solution.
We leverages the latest technologies in big data, machine learning and data quality management to deliver an enterprise-grade, scalable and high performance tool for customers such as Tumi, Lululemon, Lilly Pulitzer and David’s Tea.
As a Machine Learning Engineer, you will…
- Design, build and maintain Machine Learning models that will power our clients’ online and offline personalization strategy.
- Expand AgilOne’s Machine Learning Framework
- Collaborate with the Product and Customer Success teams to prioritize and validate features and projects
You’ll enjoy this role if you…
- Like to write production grade Python code, a lot of it.
- Like to automate the hell out of everything
- Want to work on data heavy Machine Learning projects
- Don’t shy away from business conversations
What you’ll need to be successful…
- The ideal candidate will display a balanced blend of data science expertise, software engineering knowledge and business acumen.
- Bachelor or Masters STEM Degree
- 3+ years of experience as a Data Scientist or Machine Learning Engineer
- Great knowledge of Python. Significant experience is absolutely required.
- Very good SQL programming skills
- Fluent in English (writing & speaking)
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent mathematical background and knowledge of machine-learning concepts and algorithms
- Self-motivated and great sense of ownership - comfortable working in a fast paced environment with limited direction
- Strong coding skills and knowledge of Object Oriented Programming
- Knowledge on distributed technologies such as Hadoop, Spark or Hive
Nice to have
- Well-rounded and open communicator
- Prior IT consulting and/or project management experience
- Understanding and experience of integrating with APIs. Knowledge of standards such as REST, JSON, XML