A brief update on Covid-19 (coronavirus)
Simply Business is well prepared to deal with unprecedented events. We’re an agile business by nature – and our hiring and interview process is no exception. Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, some parts of our hiring process may take a little longer than usual. Please bear with us, and rest assured that we're happy to hear from you and receive your application.
If it looks like you could be a good fit for the role, we’ll ask you to interview on Zoom – you’ll need WiFi and a laptop, or a 4G-enabled smartphone. If you don’t have access to either of these, or you need support with your application, get in touch with us at [email protected]
Similarly, please email us if you’re not well, you’re self-isolating, or if you want to pause your application for a bit – we’ll be happy to keep you updated on future opportunities like the one below.
Simply Business is more than our name. It's how we approach insurance: Make it clear. Make it simple. Make it affordable. By combining exceptional talent, technology, data, and knowledge, Simply Business is the go-to online insurance brokerage that protects small businesses and the entrepreneurs who work hard to build them.
We want team members who have the drive to challenge boundaries. If you’re smart and passionate about delivering brilliant customer experiences, we’d love to hear from you.
The Data and Analytics department aims to inspire and empower Simply Business to create value through data. As a US Director of Insights, you will lead a team of talented Insight Analysts, inform the business strategy and be the most senior Data and Analytics person in the US.
As the most senior Data and Analytics member in the US, you will have a fantastic opportunity to drive our business forward by informing the strategy and by partnering with all departments that need insight. You are expected to put your strategic, analytical and managerial skills to use in the context of a data-hungry and agile organization.
- Grow, manage, and motivate a team of Insight Analysts
- Develop relationships and provide proactive insight to senior stakeholders
- Understand the business priorities and challenges to make sure the team is working on the most valuable areas
- Own, understand and prioritize development for US data capabilities and data flows
- Provide ongoing support and insight to the Management, Product and Operational teams
- Act as subject matter expert for data analysis and product discovery / hypothesis testing
- Be an active member of the Data and Analytics leadership team
We are looking for:
- 8+ years of similar experience leading, coaching and developing Insight teams
- Experience managing senior stakeholders and driving strategy through data
- Extensive and demonstrable SQL experience
- Experience with modern reporting tools such as Looker, Tableau, Mode or Qlikview
- Some experience in Data Modelling techniques is highly desirable
- Some programming experience with Python or Ruby is desirable
- E-commerce experience is highly desirable
- Demonstrable experience of combining analytical results with intuition and creativity, and a range of sources to build comprehensive and holistic recommendations
- Proven experience in leading and growing Insight teams
- A can-do attitude and desire to drive change
- Compelling storyteller
- Flexible, proactive and positive individual
- Experience with matrix management
What are the benefits?
Here are some of the great benefits and perks that come from being a Simply Business employee:
• A salary that reflects your experience, our pay policy, and the market we’re in from your first day
• Group plan for medical, dental, and prescription drug coverage
• Short term disability, long term disability, and life insurance coverage
• Participation in the Company’s bonus program
• Participation in 401(k) plan with a 3% employer match
• Commuter benefits to help cut down on commuting costs
• 25 days of vacation time plus 10 company holidays
• Flexible working hours and working from home
• Annual company trip, regular outings, and volunteer opportunities
• An awesome WeWork office with cold brew coffee and other beverages on tap, local pop-up events, and more
As a company, we pride ourselves on inclusion in the workplace. Simply Business is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Want more info on working at Simply Business? Check out our careers page: https://www.simplybusiness.com/careers/