Data Scientist at Perch (Greater Boston Area, MA)
Perch is creating the next generation Consumer Products company by becoming the first technology-based scale operator of top eCommerce microbrands. Microbrands selling through marketplaces like Amazon are already transforming global retail - Amazon’s 3rd party marketplace alone was $300B in 2020. Perch is disrupting and accelerating this space by acquiring great brands and making them even better. We look for successful, profitable businesses that sell top-ranked products with differentiated customer feedback. The Perch platform integrates those businesses into a scale operating company and accelerates the products to the next level of sales and profitability. We are a key resource for entrepreneurs who want liquidity and a key partner for Amazon and other retail channels by offering exceptional products, great customer service, and great value.
We are looking for a Data Scientist to drive the price optimization agenda for the Pricing team within the Growth organization charged with scaling and maximizing profit from Perch’s brands.Responsibilities
- Use observational data and generate experimental data to estimate pricing lever impact on demand.
- Develop models to predict price elasticity of demand for new products, channels, and markets.
- Work closely with Growth team product managers, engineers, and data analysts to carefully curate high dimension time series data sets that unlock new insights.
- Consult with other analysts within the Growth team to aid in improved causal inference and in identifying opportunities for data science solutions.
- Build the engine that surfaces causal and demand estimates to marketing, supply chain, and business leaders to improve the business response to changes in market demand.
- Evangelize rigorous data driven decision making across Perch to elevate the business.
- Develop deep expertise in the inputs that feed pricing logic and identify opportunities to improve accuracy.
You have a Ph.D. or equivalent work or research experience in a field requiring causal inference analysis. Building optimization solutions, data pipelines, and analyses in python comes as second nature. You are thrilled to engage in brainstorming of economic hypotheses and can’t wait to dive into the data to validate or invalidate your ideas. You recognize the pursuit of better and cleaner data never ends, but brings great value to your work. Most importantly, you seek to innovate, to do what has not been done, and to measure what has not been measured.
Perch is one of the fastest-growing eCommerce companies in Boston. Perch acquires and develops great eCommerce brands. We are backed by amazing investors (SoftBank, Spark Capital, Tectonic Ventures, and Boston Seed). Our team has deep expertise in eCommerce, technology, and M&A. We are disrupting one of the largest and most exciting spaces of eCommerce and are building an industry-shaping platform. Our aim is to have a workplace and company that positively impacts the lives of others, including our employees, their families, the entrepreneurs and vendors we work with, and our end customers.
Perch is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.What Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Means to Us
At Perch, we are dedicated to making a positive impact on our customers, teams, partners, and the community around us.
We believe we can maximize this impact by seeking out diverse experiences and perspectives and by promoting empathy and learning through allyship. We understand diversity is an engine that powers innovation and problem-solving. Our commitment to equity and inclusion fuels us to delight our customers. We trust that our shared success will come from building an organization where people of all races, genders, sexual orientations, religions, abilities, ages, and backgrounds feel valued, celebrated, and empowered.
We know this vision requires continuous effort, and we are committed to putting in the work to ultimately reach our highest Perch.