Agero is powering the next generation of software-enabled driver safety services and technology, pushing the limits of big data to transform the entire driving experience. The majority of leading vehicle manufacturers and insurance providers use Agero’s roadside assistance, accident management, dispatch, consumer affairs and telematics innovations to strengthen their businesses and create stronger, lasting connections with their customers. Together, we’re making driving smarter and safer for everyone.
The Data Science and Analytics group at Agero is a central resource for innovative data products, scientific analysis, and actionable insights. We are a collaborative, consultative team that works cross functionally to:
- support partners throughout the organization in making informed, data driven decisions,
- unlock the value within our data to create innovative new product offerings, drive efficiency, and improve customer experience, and
- provide greater access to information and insights through dashboards, data self-service tools, and training.
We believe that data is a key asset, and thanks to Agero’s scale and history, is a true competitive advantage.
The Data Scientist role is going to be focused on modeling and analysis. The new hire will be focused on three primary areas of analysis in the first 6-12 months:
- Natural Language Processing of customer, contact center agent, and Service Provider comments. We collect a large number of comments at each step of a Roadside Assistance event. The Data Scientist will be responsible for building models to analyze these comments and provide actionable insights.
- Development of real-time algorithms monitoring Roadside Assistance jobs in progress. We have a contact center team responsible for handling cases which can lead to a negative customer experience. The Data Scientist will be responsible for updating and/or replacing the algorithms which analyze cases in real time and escalate to this team.
- Service Provider and Customer Fraud Detection. As with any service, there are times where either our customers or our network of Service Providers try to take advantage of the system. The Data Scientist will be responsible for building models to detect fraudulent behavior as quickly as possible.
There are many other projects in the DS&A pipeline which this role may eventually work on, including but not limited to: spatial analysis of our network of Service Providers, leveraging weather and other real-time information to assist our operations, and other analyses to aid new product development and improve existing processes. Additionally, the DS&A team is working on a new data platform which will include pipelines to leverage models developed by the Data Scientists. The Data Scientist will be expected to interface with Data Engineers who will be in charge of implementing and productionalizing any models the Data Scientist develops.
- Machine Learning and Modeling (preferably including strong prior experience with Natural Language Processing)
- Strong analytical coding skills (preferably in Python)
- Good communication skills both in written (technical documents, Python notebooks) and spoken (meetings, presentations) forms.
- Independent, self-organizing, and able to prioritize multiple complex assignments.
NICE TO HAVES:
- Experience with relational databases (preferably MySQL, SQL Server, and/or PostgreSQL/Redshift)
- Experience with cloud computing (ideally AWS)
WORKING RELATIONSHIPS: Interacts with all levels of management and staff across the organization as well as clients.