Simply Business is more than our name. It's how we approach insurance: Make it clear. Make it simple. Make it affordable. By combining exceptional talent, technology, data, and knowledge, Simply Business is the go-to online insurance brokerage that protects small businesses and the entrepreneurs who work hard to build them.
We want team members who have the drive to challenge boundaries. If you’re smart and passionate about delivering brilliant customer experiences, we’d love to hear from you.
The Simply Business Data and Analytics team is looking for a Data Engineer. The Data Engineer will help design, build and maintain the systems that create and provide actionable information to help executives and managers make informed business decisions. This includes:
-Data warehouses and data lakes
-Business intelligence and analytics platform
-Tools and solutions for ingesting, transforming and consuming data
As a Data Engineer, you will:
- Be hands-on in developing our products using best practices, appropriate tools and technologies.
- Highlight areas for continuous improvement and drive their prioritisation.
- Be proactive in collaborating and communicating with your colleagues near you and across the ocean.
- Champion data thinking whilst creating amazingly useful systems in a collaborative way for our customers.
What we are looking for:
- Experience building and maintaining data warehouses and developing ETL pipelines.
- Intermediate or advanced fluency in SQL and experience with data modeling.
- Coding experience is highly valued, especially for API integrations. In the Data and Analytics team we use Ruby, Scala and Python but you don’t need experience in all of them. If you're happy to learn them we will support you with that.
- Strong interpersonal skills to work well in our very open and friendly environment.
What are the benefits?
Here are some of the great benefits and perks that come from being a Simply Business employee:
• A salary that reflects your experience, our pay policy, and the market we’re in from your first day
• Group plan for medical, dental, and prescription drug coverage
• Short term disability, long term disability, and life insurance coverage
• Participation in the Company’s bonus program
• Participation in 401(k) plan with a 3% employer match
• Commuter benefits to help cut down on commuting costs
• 25 days of vacation time plus 10 company holidays
• Flexible working hours and working from home
• Annual company trip, regular outings, and volunteer opportunities
• An awesome WeWork office with cold brew coffee, beer on tap, local pop-up events, and more
As a company, we pride ourselves on inclusion in the workplace. Simply Business is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Want more info on working at Simply Business? Check out our careers page: https://www.simplybusiness.com/careers/