Who we are
Drizly is the world’s largest alcohol marketplace and the best way to shop beer, wine and spirits. Our customers trust us to be part of their lives – their celebrations, parties, dinners and quiet nights at home. We are there when it matters - committed to life’s moments and the people who create them. We partner with the best retail stores in over 1400 cities across North America to serve up the best buying experience. Drizly offers a huge selection and competitive pricing with a side of personalized content. That is what we do. Who we are is a different story.
We are more than just another tech company. There is an intellectual curiosity that occurs at Drizly. We have a desire to question, to understand, to figure it out. Bottom line, we solve it. We value not just the truth but the process to get to the truth, to deliberate, decide and then act. Most importantly, we care. We care about our customers. We care about our company. We care about our team. There will be long days and incredible challenges.
We are blazing a trail in an industry that hasn’t changed in nearly a century, and that doesn’t scare us (well, not all the time) -and even when it does, it doesn’t stop us, it energizes us.
Do you see yourself here? Read on.
Who you are
You thrive in a fast-paced, constantly improving, start-up environment that focuses on real-world, customer-centric problems with iterative technical solutions. You have multiple years of experience in building and leading data integrations within Digital and/or eCommerce-oriented businesses. You are comfortable working with data at the terabyte (or greater) scale and have a consistent track record implementing batch and streaming solutions. You operate in a collaborative nature, enjoy learning new technologies, and keep your finger on the pulse of the distinct but aligned worlds of Marketing and Data Engineering. You are familiar with IDFAs/AAIDs, MMPs, DSPs, CDPs, SDKs, deeplinks, pixels, and have an opinion on both where the future of measurement and data is going in the “walled garden” era. You are excited to learn the Web and App ecosystems/marketing paradigms, as well as the fundamentals of digital tracking/measurement. You enjoy optimizing existing marketing data pipelines with a focus on continuous improvement and software development standard methodologies. You love working with data and have experience in data modeling, data access, and data storage techniques. Your toolkit includes SQL and noSQL for transformation, python/JVM for ETL and scripting, Kafka and/or Kinesis for streaming jobs, and the ability to solve distributed systems, optimize queries, and tune tables. You have experience interacting with REST APIs, SDKs, HTTP, FTP, and OAuth to facilitate the flow of data. We'd be really impressed if you have experience in digital marketing environments with massive amounts of clickstream and eventstream data, multiple integrations with external data sources, automation & orchestration, AWS/GCP, database management and permissioning, and vendor selection (testing new software, leading the discussion on cost/benefit).
What the role is
The Marketing Integration Engineer will accelerate Drizly’s data-driven decisions through a period of rapid growth (50% YoY). From building a data processing framework to help support billions of events, to integrating new data pipelines, Drizly’s most critical decisions will rely on a scalable, well-managed foundation of data. This tech-savvy individual will own the marketing data pipelines for all of Drizly and have the desire to propose new and innovative ways data sources can be used and improved to optimize the marketing experience of the Drizly Customer. The Marketing Integration Engineer is a critical member of the Marketing Analytics organization that works closely with Marketing, Data Science, as well as product-focused engineering teams. In short, the Data Engineer is a tech-savvy individual who will help define the building blocks for Drizly’s Marketing data capabilities internal and external to our organization.
In this role you will
- Run the marketing data engineering pipelines for all of Drizly; handling external and internal programmatic data integrations to facilitate marketing efforts and ensure highly accurate and reliable business reporting.
- Integrate with internal Data Science APIs and data sources to uplevel decision making (programmatic, real-time, or in batch) regarding core marketing concepts: Lifetime value, Churn, Upsell, Abandon Cart or Browse, etc.
- Lead the software development process for marketing data integrations, maintaining and encouraging the implementation of software development standard methodologies (Git, CI/CD, unit, integration, and end-to-end testing, etc)
- Be responsible for end-to-end ownership of marketing integration technical issues, including initial troubleshooting, identification of root cause, issue resolution, and communication to ensure SLAs are met with internal partners.
- Be responsible for data quality, data monitoring, and pipeline health -- ensuring incidents and outages are mitigated appropriately
- Participate in architectural decisions across the organization, such as the impact on data collection and its role in marketing or helping plan Data Science model output design to facilitate use in event-driven and real-time marketing efforts
The Other Stuff
- Competitive salary
- One-on-one professional coaching with an external expert
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Flexible vacation policy
- 401(K) Plan with Employer Match
- Added perks
You do you.
Drizly is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status
BEFORE YOU APPLY...
We ask that you please remove all identifying information from your resume before you upload it on the next page in an effort to help us remove unconscious bias from our resume review process. Drizly is committed to cultivating an inclusive environment where a diverse group of people can and want to do their best work, and that starts with our hiring practices.
Identifying information includes your name, photos, LinkedIn URL, email address and more.