Commercial Lead - New Ventures at Toast
Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love.
Toast is building out a New Ventures business unit with the goal of researching, developing, and eventually scaling a new generation of products and business lines that can have a substantial impact on Toast’s long-term growth. In this unique role, you will contribute to a new product in early-stage development. The ideal candidate thrives on the ambiguity of early stage products and has generalist skills that are applicable across the entire product development lifecycle.
We are hiring numerous go-to-market leads to early-stage teams in the New Ventures organization, from those early in their careers to those with a decade(s) of experience with startups. We shape our organization around the people we hire.
You have experience in sales, marketing, or growth with a strong bias for action, and you thrive in a fast-paced environment. You embrace the ambiguity of a new product and enjoy experimenting with customers to market, sell, and adopt the product in a very early, beta stage. You like to flex your generalist skills across the entire customer facing set of roles.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Own all of the customer facing touchpoints, from the website, to social media, sales, product marketing, customer marketing, customer feedback, support, and service.
- Collaborate with the team to understand customer needs, translating insights into actions that shape product iteration and business model development.
- Work with operations teams to ensure that new businesses integrate into the business systems used across Toast.
- Work with go-to-market stakeholders to prepare their organizations for a new business unit emerging from New Ventures as it becomes ready for public launch.
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- Deep experience in one or more of the following disciplines: Sales, demand generation, consumer brand awareness, customer support/success, professional services.
- A track record of collaborating with product teams to shape products into scalable businesses.
- Customer obsession; you love seeing customers solve their problems with new products
- An early adopter of new products or services, usually way before your colleagues or friends.
- Experience with managing and optimizing sales funnels
- Experience implementing processes and configuring business systems to help the operations to scale
- Comfort working in a fast-paced environment with a willingness to learn new things and tackle a range of challenges as they arise
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills with an ability to build strong relationships both within and outside of the product organization
- Ability to deal with ambiguity in a fast-paced environment
Special Sauce* (Nonessential Skills/Nice to Haves)
- Generalist experience across Marketing, Sales, and Customer Support
- Experience leading or managing others
- Prior early-stage team experience
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.