Business Intelligence, Analyst at Toast
Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
Bready* to make a change?
The Business Intelligence - Analyst will serve as the primary analytical resource for leaders in the business, dive into our rich data to produce valuable insights, and provide context to drive business decisions. The ideal candidate is a go-getter, who is not afraid to roll up their sleeves and is excited by tough problems and is able to thoughtfully break down complex projects. The ideal candidate will have a track record of delivering results, complete ownership of work and outputs, finding a way to work through barriers, finding ways to work efficiently, and excellent business judgment. They should have a demonstrated ability to think analytically about the business, deliver concrete results under ambiguity, have a critical eye for detail, and have high expectations and standards.
About this roll* (Responsibilities):
- Build tools/dashboards to automate reporting and generate insights that will allow business leaders to quickly and accurately see how our products and processes are performing
- Report a suite of KPIs (key performance indicators) to leadership on weekly, monthly, and quarterly cadences - providing context and recommendations around opportunities and threats to the business
- Partner with key stakeholders and business leaders to provide strategic support and recommendations across various Toast departments focusing on Business Development, but including: Sales, Marketing, Customer Success, and Strategic Finance
- Identify gaps/opportunities to improve our data warehouse, synthesize requirements to the Data Engineering team, and enable stakeholders to surface new insights
- Answer business questions through independent investigation / data forensics. Identify operational inefficiencies, data quality issues, and behavioral trends.
Do you have the right ingredients* (Requirements)?
- 2+ years experience in Business Intelligence, Data Analytics, Management Consulting/Finance roles and/or Bachelor's degree in an advanced quantitative field (or equivalent experience); such as mathematics, economics/finance, computer science, or physical science
- Experience with data visualization. Can confidently choose the best visualization style for the given context; the insights from your visualizations speak for themselves
- SQL (Structured Query Language) expert
- Experience with predictive analytics
- Ability to efficiently analyze large volumes of data, quickly draw insights, and present concise/clear recommendations of results
- Ability to work effectively in a dynamic, changing environment and to adapt while focusing on key goals and objectives
- Demonstrated problem solving with experience providing business insights and recommendations from data sets, both individually and in a group setting
Special Sauce* (Nonessential Skills/Nice to Haves):
- Background building interactive dashboards in a tool such as Looker, Tableau, Domo, SiSense, etc
- Experience with Python (Pandas, NumPy, etc), SAS, Stata, or R
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
Our Spread of Total Rewards
- Unlimited Vacation
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program
- Commitment to Employee Wellness through resources such as a quarterly Wellness Stipend
- Various peer and company recognition programs
- 401(k) and matching
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Mental Health Benefits
- Subsidized backup childcare
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.