Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
Bready* to make a change?
The BI Manager, Customer Success Analytics will serve as the key player-coach for our post live CS teams and be a pivotal role in our growing Business Intelligence team.Their focus will be working closely with our Customer Care (Support), Restaurant Success (Account Management) and Strategic Growth Management to help them operate efficiently, measure their impact and help our restaurant customers thrive. The ideal candidate is a self-starter, who is able to identify patterns in noisy data. This person will not only need to break down complex problems and clearly communicate their findings to all levels of stakeholders, but also coach reports through analyses with the same level of rigor. They should have a demonstrated ability to think analytically about the business, deliver concrete results under ambiguity, have a critical eye for detail, and have high expectations and standards. The role includes the opportunity to manage and grow a small team.
About this roll* (Responsibilities):
- Hire, develop and retain diverse and top tier analysts
- As a player-coach, you can effectively coach direct reports through all the bullets below as well as you can handle them yourself
- Compile findings and present to stakeholders and leadership with clear recommendations and next steps
- Partner with key stakeholders and business leaders to provide strategic support and recommendations across various Toast departments, including: Customer Care, Restaurant Success, Strategic Growth Management, and Strategic Finance
- Identify gaps/opportunities to improve our data warehouse, synthesize requirements to the Data Engineering team, and enable stakeholders to surface new insights
- Answer business questions through independent investigation / data forensics. Identify operational inefficiencies, data quality issues, and behavioral trends.
- Build tools/dashboards to automate reporting and generate insights that will allow business leaders to quickly and accurately see how our products and processes are performing
- Report a suite of KPIs (key performance indicators) to leadership on weekly, monthly, and quarterly cadences - providing context and recommendations around opportunities and threats to the business
Do you have the right ingredients* (Requirements)?
- 3+ years experience in Business Intelligence, Data Analytics roles or other highly quantitative role - efficiently analyzing huge volumes of data and presenting concise and clear recommendations
- 1+ years experience managing direct report(s) in an analyst role and excitement about the opportunity to continue to grow as a manager and leader
- Python (Pandas, NumPy, etc) or R proficiency
- SQL (Structured Query Language) expert
- Experience with a BI tool such as Looker, Tableau, Domo, SiSense, etc
- Demonstrated problem solving with experience providing business insights from data sets, both individually and in a group setting
- Excellent communication skills - verbal, written and via data visualization
- Ability to work effectively in a dynamic, changing environment; navigate ambiguity; and to adapt while focusing on key goals and objectives
Special Sauce* (Nonessential Skills/Nice to Haves):
- Work experience in a high growth tech, SaaS company, or supporting a Customer Success team
- Experience with Snowflake, Airflow, GitHub, AWS
- Familiarity with NetSuite or Salesforce
*Bread puns encouraged but not required