Analytics Engineer at Acquia
Chase passion. Pursue wellness. Be the best part of our customers’ day. These are some of the core values we hold at Widen, and why we’ve repeatedly been voted one of Madison's Best Places to Work since 2015. Established in 1948, we build high-performing software that empowers organizations to create impactful, meaningful, and measurable brand experiences. Embracing innovation and change, we’ve evolved from a small engraving business to a global software company by putting our customers at the forefront of all we do. Headquartered in Madison, Wisconsin, USA, and London, UK, Widen is a family-owned business with over 70 years of growth driven by unparalleled service and fueled by a community of 660+ customers. Let's flourish, together.
The Analytics Engineer is a crucial, connective role on our data team that works with analysts, data engineers, and our internal operational teams. This position will gain an understanding of our current data landscape as well as our gaps and goals, and collaborate with others to build data-focused models and solutions that will scale with the growth of our business. The Analytics Engineer also evangelizes the use of data and data quality and hygiene when prioritizing a scalable, reliable, and usable set of data systems.
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of Widen’s data sources and their purposes
- Transform, enrich, and model raw data to enable analysis and visualization
- Build and maintain highly performant and functional data models within our BI platform
- Collaborate with data team members on data requests and analysis projects
- Work with internal teams to understand analytics and metrics needs and to proactively identify and fill gaps in existing data collections
- Build and maintain data quality tests and documentation with our data catalog
- Advocate for improvements to data quality and performance
- Assist in building and maintaining data acquisition tools and pipelines
- Assist in creating and maintaining visualizations and dashboards for internal use
- Prioritize diversity, equity, and inclusion in your every day work to create an environment of respect
- Protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability (CIA) of Widen and customer information held, in any form
- Other duties, as assigned
- Advanced SQL experience
- Strong data analysis skills and experience
- Proficiency in one or more programming language (Python, Java, R etc)
- Proficiency visualizing data in one or more BI platforms
- Experience with one or more cloud-based data warehouse (e.g., Redshift, Snowflake)
- Ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders to define needs and goals
- Experience using dbt
- Python experience
- Experience using a source code repository system (preferably Git/Github)
- Experience writing automated data tests and software unit tests
Employees have the option to work remotely, from the Madison office, or a mix of both. Access to the office and other amenities are available to all employees — no matter their chosen work setup — to keep teams safe, healthy, and connected in the interim.
Widen is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.